ati radeon x850xtpe, asus radeon x850xt pe, visiontek radeon x850xt pe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast1917

Baseband Member
Some are higher quality than others, etc.

Be forewarned, most members here are going to try to convince you to jump ship to nVidia, because of ATI's poor cards. Be prepared to look like a total idiot if your only defense is along the lines of "i like ati more".

the ATI X800 series was very dissapoint to lots of people. You would get alot more performance out of a 6800GT/6800GS or even a 7800GT.

Seriously i would not even consider that card. X800XT PE is rediculously
overprice, and the X800 series dosnt even have SM3 support.

I would seriously reconsider dude. :)

Yes, that card sucks, as do all of the ATI X800 series cards. Get a 7800GT, 7800GTX, even a 6800GS, or if you must go ATI, get one of the new X1800XL/XT cards. DO NOT get that X800. You will be terribly dissapointed.

i would get 7800gt or x1800 but i only have a agp mobo :( and i dont know a reliable source to get 6800gt from, theyre all stores which i havent heard from before...any suggestions of the three though?

Do you have socket 939 or 754? There are cheap mobos (they aren't good overclockers but are still good), that contain PCI-E for both of those sockets. Getting a new mobo and a 6800GS or 7800GT would be the best choice to get the most for your money. Its what I am in the process of doing now.

He's got a point there guys! AGP 6800's aren't really on the market anymore, they have 6600gt's though, and I feel you'd be quite satisfied with one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127170

Despite what others say, the x850PE does out perform this card, but from what I've heard the 'drivers' suck for the card, and nVIDA's are way better.

Everyone on this forum keeps flaming the ATI x8** series because of the pixel shaders and benchmarks and not being compatible with games. This must be a reason why all computer magazines I subscribe to, pcgamer, maximum PC, and computer gaming world all review these cards and they have absoloutly no problems with them during testing, including 3D mark blah blah blah, anyways, the cards they review like the one you want to buy got an 8. something, and the 6600gt got below 7.5, I dont remember the exact score.

But I suppose all my rambling is going to get me flamed, but oh well, just my thoughts on this whole nvida supremist ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom