ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsmitho

Beta member
Hello everyone,

Within this week I intend to buy a graphic card for my gaming pc and since I read about the ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series and that its better than the current Nvidia cards as well as cheaper, I am waiting for the arrival of this card. The plus in this card which kept me waiting is that it supports Direct X 10.1 and after that I wont have to replace the card for a reasonable time. But just now I visited the ATI website mentioned below:

ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 4800 Series - Overview

Here it also says that for this graphic card I need a HD capable monitor which is quite expensive I think. So I need your opinion as well as information. The opinion I need is if this card can run on normal CRT or LCD monitors as well or just a HD capable monitor. Information needed is when this card would be available? Please inform me if the card can also run on normal monitors also or not as well as should I wait for this card i.e. would be card be available soon or would take a long time? And what other graphic card should I choose if this card wont run on my normal monitors as well as its release is far away? Kindly advise. Thanks:)

Nvidia has one better card GTX 280, it ain't much better, pratically double the price so 4870's a good choice at the $300 level. the 4850 is $200, get that if your on a tighter budget.

Your gonna need a normal LCD/CRT monitor. HDTV is not nessary but could be an option. For CRT, it comes with a VGA to DVI adapter, for HDMI, you got your DVI to HDMI and lastly DVI for digital lcd monitors.

also keep in mind you need a decent power supply to support this videocard. I'd recommend at least a 450watt psu if you got a dual core system or 500watt if you got quad. 30 amps on the 12v rail(s).

This card is avaible now in the United states in newegg. Its coming to Canada in the next couple of weeks.

Other cards to choose from, 8800GT or 8800GTS which are 150ish. You also got your 9800GTX at $200 competing and performing very similar to the 4850. The new 9800GTX+ will be $230ish which is bascially a 9800GTX oced to the max. out performs the 4850 just a little bit. but the 4870 tops it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom