Ati Radeon™9550se 128mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
The video card is 9550 which is a really bad core, but it is also the SE version, that card is awful but then it becomes a flaming pile of awful with the SE

i just went to the alineware website and looked up this card and i believe its agp because this mobo dosent have pci-e i BElieve ...... i know it has PCI slots but it says that its AGP 8x if you could help meee that would be awesome man.......

they dont make any of the 9*** series from ATI in PCIE16

anyways what do you need help with rofl. go out and buy a 6600GT lol

The 6600GT goes for about $150, but that card is getting slowly outdated. I would definitely get a 6800GT in AGP because that's the best card AGP supports. It's also a very good card and it will last you a while. They are a bit hard to find though... because they're slowly fasing out AGP to make way for PCI-E.

ok well... if i have to i will upgrade my mobo 2 if agp is out then pci must be in so give your choice on a decent mobo w/pci and a good card 2 ....thanks for your help sooo far tho.....

go for a MSI K8N NEO4-F and a eVGA 6600GT PCIE-16

though you could keep it cause there are still a lot of AGP 6600GTs

Okay the best mobo's out there are from DFI so here's a really nice one that supports SLI, which means it has 2 PCI-E slots, and it's socket 939. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152
I would have to say for now there is a really good card out called the 6800GS, which is PCI-E and it's only available for this holiday season. It's the new price/performance leader. It performs just as good, sometimes better than a 6800GT, BUT IT'S CHEAPER!!!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130258

thats cool i know what sli is but is it that good i see aa few ppl around this forum with boycott sli ..... why? ...ill deffinatley take a look at thoose 2 and PZEROFGH though you could keep it cause there are still a lot of AGP 6600GTs i found one on new egg and i might get it but i was looking for another option ... thanks for all the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom