ATI or NVIDA???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJamesJR

In Runtime
I'm doing some shopping for a Graphics Card. The ATI Radeon's or pretty strait forward, I get those. NVIDAI however has multiple chips it seems... Mainly the GeForce; GTX, GTS, FX, # Series... etc. So what series of NVIDAI are current/up to date? I'm looking for something comparable to the Radeon 5770 or higher, within a budget range ($100-$200). I really don't know what to choose from the two different manufacturers. Is one better than the other? I'm somewhat familiar with the Radeon's... I guess I'd just like a comparison.

-Modern Nvidia goes like this... G(lowend), GT(Low mid), GTS(high mid), GTX(high end).
-FX and Quadro are workstation cards and are not meant to game they are made for digital imaging and 3d rendering.
-Neither brand is really better but for every price range one may be the better deal.

In the sub $200 range I would get this for $195
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150515&cm_re=6850-_-14-150-515-_-Product
or if that one was a little too close to budget this one for $155
Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-40404-10P SYNERGY GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

The 5770 is the better card straight out of the box but the GTS 450 can catch it with a good overclocking.

Refer to this thread for help and also google for benchmarks.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/graphics-performance-list-212331/

EDIT: Found better card in budget.

lol I was just reading that and the GTS 450 wasn't even listed. Or I didn't see it...

If it helps, I will be running these on stock speeds :/ cause I'm a loser like that.

P.S.
That is one ugly GPU lol

Will a 2.1 PCI-E work in a 2.0 PCI-E???

Sorry for the double post by the way. My mobo only has 2.0 x16 PCI-E slots...

GTS 450 would be around the 24th rank.

Well I listed my 2 cents for GPU.

Not sure which one is ugly but I guess if it doesn't meet your fancy look on Newegg for the same model that fits your taste.

EDIT:

Any PCI-E card will work in any PCI-E slot. 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, etc.

GTS 450 would be around the 24th rank.

Well I listed my 2 cents for GPU.

Not sure which one is ugly but I guess if it doesn't meet your fancy look on Newegg for the same model that fits your taste.

EDIT:

Any PCI-E card will work in any PCI-E slot. 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, etc.

No, I'm really digging the XFX you just posted. Just wondering if it'll fit my 2.0 pci-e... Nvm, ninja edit.

Just hope it's get's price slashed within the next few weeks... ****, I'd settle for a rebate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom