ATI, finally got NVIDIA on the Ropes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedge_00

In Runtime
Hey just saw the new X1800 core performance numbers and it looks like that got nvidia down now.....

Looks like nvidia is trying to push the SLI gear now onto us... I tend to stick with Nvidia but this time, **** ATi got them back... The X1800 core seems to bust the 10,000 barrier on 3d mark 05 and has some real decent FPS on all the new games beating the GTX down right...

It looks like Nvidia are trying to justify the need for SLI by down clocking the performance of the GTX cores which are hovering around the 7500-8500 point marker. It looks like the Cross fire setups are exactly DOA like many thought, given some time maybe 1 year or so, can you imagine when the X1800 core prices come down to about 250 and you can pick up a pair for only about 400 and a Cross fire mobo...

Don't let this post turn into a flame game, both sides gotta be heard out right.. May vote is with ATi, so far....

Why did I get censored for just saying 'damm', now that is just to soft to comprehend!!!

idk.. i do too O_O

anyway... benchmarks dont mean crap... and this has been old news
what matters is the game performance

Oh geez, the benchmarks aren't all crap.... (People who say need to re-evaluate thoughts) You are right game stat's are important, but benchers like 3d Mark 05 are also important because you get a diverse results across different game types and stress tests, and they tend to reflect in future development in game graphics and demands.

In summary, Bench's shouldn't not be the ultimate guide in deciding new video cards but should play a just as important part in your decision on video cards.... Getting FPS on Doom 3 and BF 2 as well F.E.A.R will indicate performance levels for the present, these games aren't the future anymore...

Well as far as I know the x1800 has 512mb as opposed to the gtxs 256mb. I know theirs not a huge difference but so far from what i understand thats where the X1800 gets most of its performance from. The whole X1000 series isnt THAT great in my opinion.

I mean in the benchmarks the X1800 seems to only pull ahead at higher resolutions then most people play on with alot of eye candy turnd on.

Plus with new games like quake 4 it dosent matter, you cant go above 60FPS.

Aslong as my card can do that with games, im fine with it. I dont think price is very well justified unless youre running a large monitor and are greedy with frame rates or just like to have the best of the best. I mean isnt the average higher end video card life span 2 years? I guees if you were to fork out 500 for a video card it better last a **** long time.

When the price drops, and other factors come through... I look at one of these unless the average price of 7800Gt can sway me big time?

Pssh. This is old news dude. X1800s aeren't that good. The X1800XL IS WORSE THAN THE 7800GT, and the X1800XT is on part with the 7800GTX. With the introduction of the 512MB 7800GTX, the 7800GTX is again better than the X1800XT.

As far as overclocking goes; you know how you're supposed to stop overclocking when a CPU/GPU gets too hot? Well...these cards come "too hot" at stock :) .

Sure, you can DICE it or LN2, but that pretty much takes temp out of the equation. To quote that one guy;
I wonder if I can afford enough Liquid Nitrogen to run BF2 for 3 hours a day for a year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom