Ati Drivers VS Nvidia Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, those of you that have owned both Ati & Nvidia cards, what drivers did you like the best.

I am going to be getting a new video card soon, I just don't know what card to get yet....but i am going to need for it to play some old classic games, as well as the new ones.

I have went with ATI the last couple of cards and even though I hear people talk about how bad the drivers are, I must say i have had very few issues with the Ati catalyst drivers.

I have heard of horror stories of Nvidia's 8800 drivers not working in alot of older games, any truth to this?

Anybody that has used both types of cards ....I would love your input.

I just hate to make the switch over to Nvidia to find that I need to switch drivers all the time to get different games to work, because for me that was never an issue with my Ati cards.

Both are good, but as always AMD prices their products lower then the competition. At the moment I m running a 8600GT 512MB on this computer and it has been playing all my games on max settings no problem (except Crysis which it plays it high). My next build is going to have a X1650 Pro and I really don't expect it to be a beast or anything. So I have yet to try AMD Gpu's yet.

i say ATi's are not as good as nvidia, especially some of the beta tweaked sets.
in answer to your question, OP...you wont get an answer (lol), just opinions. use whichever you like best that fits in your budget.

the ATI drivers are much better if you run multiple GPU's.
With single GPU's, I can't really say one is better than the other. They're both good.
Though ATI usually seems to gain more from driver tweaks than Nvidia.

I own an 8800 GT, 8800 GTS 320MB, and 2 x 3870's in crossfire.

Do you guys play some older games, like from 1997 up until now, on those Nvidia drivers with no problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom