ATI drivers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
So I launched steam to play empire total war, and it showed me left 4 dead in my files of games that I could install. Not sure how or why, but I think i may have just gotten a free game.

Anyways, when i go to launch it it says "Video Driver Outdated"

Version: 8.14.10.655

When I go to CCC I get

Driver Packaging Version 8.60-090316a1-078303E-ATI
Catalystâ„¢ Version 09.4
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.888
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version 8.14.10.0655
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8577
Catalystâ„¢ Control Center Version 2009.0317.2131.36802

I go to this page,
Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM

and I download the first link, which seems to be the newest, 9.4 But is my other stuff up to date? It seems as though it isn't. Maybe i'm only instaling one update and not the others that i need?

Anyone know if it's just left 4 dead being stupid, or if I need to install more drivers? Thanks in advance

I'm not sure on the driver issue but L4D was free for Friday only so if its the only one giving you problems don't worry about it.

Ha as original post stated I already did that. I just don't know if theres something else somewhere I need. my catalyst or w/e is 9.4 but my other drivers are not

well you installed the new drivers did you uninstall the old drivers first? because that can cause issues

Ha as original post stated I already did that. I just don't know if theres something else somewhere I need. my catalyst or w/e is 9.4 but my other drivers are not
you could try uninstalling the card from device manager and using drivercleaner. Then do a fresh install of the newest drivers.

uninstall it in device manager, open C:\Windows\system32, and delete any file beginning with ati.
If it doesn't let you, cut and paste them into another directory (I often just make a new directory in C:), and reboot.

also, delete them from dllcache, and check DRVSTORE too

Bah, I just wanted to know if anyone else with an ATI card could check and see if their driver versions match mine, or are more updated. I'm too lazy to mess with all that seeing as I don't really have too many problems.

i got the same issue too. I dont uninstall my old driver, i always install new ones over the old ones. Doesnt that replace the old ones though?

hmm maybe i should uninstall 9.4 CCC and reinstall it again or something, but i know for a fact that many ATI owners are having issues with Left 4 Dead n only that game; others idk. Read about this on the official AMD forums too, so ur not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom