Ati or BFG Geforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocidist22

Baseband Member
I have an Ati radeon x800 pro 256mb(agp), and was looking to upgrade.. I found on newegg.com , a bfg geforce 6800gt 256mb(agp). Here
would i be upgrading, downgrading, or staying the same?

The x800 is a slightly more powerful card.
Are you running the latest Catalyst drivers for your card? Machines locking up like yours (assuming it's fine when doing other stuff) is often a driver/software issue.

Yea i have the latest catalyst control center driver, i downloaded it since i got the card used..

Ok, that 6800 gt stock is a little faster than your card but a $190 price tag for a card that is 4 years old doesnt justifie a couple more fps. Your could unlock some pipelines and shaders with rivatuner if you look up guides on it and overclock. Make sure to get a zalman vf-900 if you overclock as well. The combination of unlocking and overclocking your card would blow that 6800 gt away!

If you're going to upgrade, get the x1950pro - you can get it for cheaper than that 6800gt, and it can actually be worth an upgrade..

The Arctic Cooling Silencer isnt better than a vf-900. I owned both and the vf-900 was 10 degrees celcius overall better than the AC Silencer (which was 5 celcius lower to begin with over stock cooling). Also its common sense which is better when looking at the designs. Only buy the AC Silencer if you want the air pushed out of your case instead of being recirculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom