ATI back on top! HD4870 X2 review!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to think though, some games don't take effect of the duel GPU thing...so it might only be used as 1 GPU. Besides, comparing a 2 GPU card to a 1 GPU card isn't fair :|

A single (dual GPU) card will act as one card in game. Just like the 9800GX2 acts as one card although it is SLI enabled. The 4870X2 was made with internal hardware crossfire, thus to the system and everything else, it will look and operate as one card.

I think comparing 2 GPU card against a 1 GPU card is perfectly fair given that the GTX 280 is of similar cost, has 1GB of memory, etc. etc.

EDIT: Wow, I had no idea that the 4870X2 was 2x 1GB 4870's. Freakin 2GB on one card......

No different than comparing the 9800GX2 to the 3870.

Whatever works.

Comparing a dual core cpu against a single core cpu isnt fair.

See how retarded that sounds when said out loud?

Nvidia went with a huge, hot, low yield gpu.
ATI went FROM THE START (of this generation) with a scaleable smaller, cooler, high yield part.

It's 2 different strats.

Comparing it to the gtx 280 is becauase of price and performence, both similar so comparable.

@Veedub - Comparing a dual to a single core CPU isnt fair because, performence isnt similar. Think about this, compare a fast core 2 duo, which is dual core, to a quad core AMD phenom, you will get about the same performence, but different number of cores!

I wonder what the 4850X2 will be like? GTX 280 performance for $300-400!?!

Also, what most people seem to forget is that this is just a stock card. Take it up on the OC, or watercool it and OC the crap out of it and this card will absolutely demolish anything!.... oh wait, it already does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom