ATI Asymmetric Physics Processing, have u guys done this yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
i was planning on getting an AGEIA PhysX Accelerator, but i dont know, because i just finished reading this n im concerned, would this benefit me from getting the PhysX Accelerator to play PC games that need the PhysX Accelerator to make the explosions n stuff bigger? Would it replace the PhysX Accelerator n still work in those types of games, n i will get bigger explosions n stuff?

here a Asymmetric Physics Processing article i read about:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/18/asymetricrenderingcopycp1.jpg

the a future 1207FX+ mobo ive finally decided on getting, along with a future Agena FX i want to get:

*there is a typo on the socket type, it's suppose to be socket 1207FX+ not 1207+, dont worry, i double checked*

http://www.chilehardware.com/images/rd790referenceb2og4.jpg

EDIT:

for the Physics engine to work, it requires a third GPU card correct?

For the Card to be used the game(S) need to be written and programmed to take advantage of it. Not many games are. Besides, I read somewhere (Sorry I Do not remember Link) that future video cards will have a built in Phsyics processor. Or, Cards will have a Second GPU to process the required code.

So I would Say no, don't buy it, unless the specific game your looking at is coded to use it.
Also, your current rig isn't really "high end" So I don't know if that video card would even be able to handle the output from the physics card.. :confused:

Ste said:
For the Card to be used the game(S) need to be written and programmed to take advantage of it. Not many games are. Besides, I read somewhere (Sorry I Do not remember Link) that future video cards will have a built in Phsyics processor. Or, Cards will have a Second GPU to process the required code.

So I would Say no, don't buy it, unless the specific game your looking at is coded to use it.
Also, your current rig isn't really "high end" So I don't know if that video card would even be able to handle the output from the physics card.. :confused:

dont worry, im planning on fully upgrading my computer by Q3 2007. The Agena FX n the 1207FX+ mobo r just some of the things im plan on getting this year.

Ste said:
I still wouldn't buy one, save you money and see what technology comes out.

but this is what i want, all i know that is coming around the corner is a remake of Barcelona called Shanghai n it will be 45nm, plus AM3 n DDR3 comes out in Q2 2008.

Shanghai is a server processor n i dont want a server processor. I'll be happy for the next 5-6 years with a 1207FX+ mobo.

Ste said:
Do me a favor, in 3-5 months, start a topic, tell us your budget and what you want to use the computer for.

You will be set.

for gaming mostly n work, but ya i will later in the following months.

i will however make some threads about the PSU later, because it's still unknown to me to what the 6-pin connectors n 8-pin connecters r used for; i've always thought the 6-pin was for PCI-E 1.1 slots n 8-pin for PCI-E 2.0 slots.

fade2black2004 said:
the 6 pin is for your video card

the 8 pin is for newer motherboards to power the cpu

thx for the reply, but i got another question, y do some PSUs have 4 x 6-pin for PCI-E n 2 x 8-pin for PCI-E?

i know, support for quad GPUs, but y 2 x 8-pin for PCI-E if u say it will be for future mobos like the RD790?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom