ATI/AMD Radeon HD 2900 XT benchmarks - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: ATI/AMD Radeon HD 2900 XT benchmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
ATI HD2900XT, 8800GTXa Karşı: Crysis Demo ve 3DMark06 Testleri

Somebody posted this in another thread, and this benchmark is telling that it runs Crysis better than a GTX! Although Crysis isn't released yet, nor is the card, so this benchmark isn't totally reliable, but I hope it's true. So far the benchmarks are getting better and better.
those benchmarks are fake.

-eVGA 8800GTX 630/2000
-80 gig 7200rpm SATA HDD
-320 gig 7200rpm SATA HDD
-Sony DVD/CD burner
-NZXT Tempest
-Antec True Power 550 watt PSU

MACBOOK
-2.4Ghz Penryn
-2GB RAM
-250GB HDD
Old 04-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
I don't get your analogy.
So, when speaking about ATI, you might as well just say, "AMD".
You Wouldn't call a Cadillac Esclade a GMC Esclade??
You wouldn't call a Cadillac CTS a GMC CTS would you??
You wouldn't call a Lincon Navigator a Ford Navigator??

Made by the same company but 2 different things.
So why call It a AMD X2900XT when its made by is branch company ATI. As long as the companies are listed under 2 different stocks (which they are) they are different companies.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3282468
Old 04-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I wonder if Nvidia is going to have a price drop, in order to put their cards either right in line or better than ATI for price/performance ratio. Because that's not that much better than the 8800GTS.

If Nvidia drops their prices to match the X2900 it doesn't really have much going for it.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Inquiry - The Dark Cheese

though aint the 8900GTX just a 8800 with DDR4 memory? correct me if im wrong.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If one more person refers to ATI as "with" AMD, i'm going to kick someone in the nutz. Let's get this straight here people... AMD "owns" ATI. No and not like, "Pwns" ATI, they actually legally and financially "OWN" ATI. It's like DELL owns ALIENWARE. ATI is now a subsidiary company of AMD.

I've been saying this for a long time now, AMD video cards will own NIVIDA cards from the moment AMD purchased ATI. AMD needs the graphics card sector to even have a chance to compete with Intel. You better recognize that AMD will stop at nothing to lead the graphics card market if they can't lead the CPU market. The r600's will be a huge leap over the G80's. Let's wait until the reference cards are handed out to legit vendors/reviewers/benchmarkers. Once the right people get those reference cards in hand, i'll supply the I told you so's.
By stating that AMD is with ATI, i implied with as in ownership, as in one company. And just because AMD will "stop at nothing to lead the graphics card market", they still have the same limitations and they cant just conjure up a much better card by trying real hard, you still need to make the developments which takes time. AMD isnt quite the company it was in the $ worth category, they took somewhat of a financial hit last year. They are still powerful, but it doesnt make it so they can just lead the GPU market if they want to. Im sure they'll stop at almost anything to lead the CPU market but they cant just do it if they really want to. Still takes time.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
If one more person refers to ATI as "with" AMD, i'm going to kick someone in the nutz. Let's get this straight here people... AMD "owns" ATI. No and not like, "Pwns" ATI, they actually legally and financially "OWN" ATI. It's like DELL owns ALIENWARE. ATI is now a subsidiary company of AMD.

I've been saying this for a long time now, AMD video cards will own NIVIDA cards from the moment AMD purchased ATI. AMD needs the graphics card sector to even have a chance to compete with Intel. You better recognize that AMD will stop at nothing to lead the graphics card market if they can't lead the CPU market. The r600's will be a huge leap over the G80's. Let's wait until the reference cards are handed out to legit vendors/reviewers/benchmarkers. Once the right people get those reference cards in hand, i'll supply the I told you so's.

yo man it really doesnt matter what you call them ati or amd, but why not call them ati?its not like they totally changed them and converted them to amd standards they have the same workers there doing the same thing, just the profits go elsewhere it would be like calling youtube video google just becasue their owned by google, people still call youtube youtube its still runned by the same people
Old 04-25-2007, 09:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

"So, when speaking about ATI, you might as well just say, "AMD".

Ok, I was referring to when speaking about ATI "The Former Corporation", You might as well say, AMD. I wasn't talking about ATI Products.

AMD Bought the ATI Corporation for 5.4 Billion Dollars. Which means that ATI is no longer an individual corporation, but a "PRODUCT" of AMD.

They've kept the ATI product names because of obvious marketing reasons.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Renowned Budgeting Master

Send a message via AIM to Sora

Call the company AMD as they own ATI now pretty much. If you talk about a certain product you should say. An "ATI X1950XTX" or something.

You can use either and it really won't be wrong as ATI is now a division however the more correct term when talking about company made decisions would be saying AMD.
4x1GB of G.skill DDR2-800
2 8800GT in SLI
22" Samsung Syncmaster
1 250GB WD and 1 Seagate 7200.10 in RAID 0
Corsair 520HX 3DMark06 Score: 13900
Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here, I'm just trying to inform people so that they make correct educated statements.

Example:

Q: When will the !New ATI HD2900XTX video cards be available?
This is correct. You're referring to an ATI Product.

Q: When will ATI release the !New ATI HD2900XTX video cards?
This is incorrect. You're referring to a decision made by a Company.

It should read, "When will AMD release the !New ATI HD2900XTX Video Cards?"

A: AMD will release the !New ATI HD2900XTX Video Cards during the later part of May 2007.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I still do quite understand your point of view, alienware is owned by dell do we call alienware computers dell? They are a division of Amd yes but they are a separate division Ati is Ati and Amd is still Amd just because theres a new owner doesnt mean they always change the name of the bought out company, they still want to keep them a seperate division and still want to keep the ati image, in conclusion i guess you can call it either way ati or amd but i would personally be more comfortable calling them ati as it would distinguish them as video cards rather than processors, for example say you get a new ati video card, would you want to go to your buddy and be hey i got a new amd!no it would probally easier saying hey i got an ati radeon

Closed Thread