ATI/AMD Radeon HD 2900 XT benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
DailyTech - ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT Performance Benchmarks

Note: Keep in mind this is the XT, not the flagship XTX model. These are very impressive especially from something that is to compare with 8800GTS. The oblivion benchmarks stand out the most.

It uses 320 stream processors @ 740 MHz (740 is what most people are reporting, although I don't know if it will be final) , the GTS only has 96 but it's @ 1.35GHz, so Nvidia will have faster stream processors but ATI will have more of them. This is why the XT's 320 doesn't blow the GTS 96 out of the water. But even still, I can't wait to see what the XTX brings to table. Not to mention the word is AMD is going to price them very competitively which is great for us consumers.

I'll be picking up a new video card sometime in July, my 7600GT can hold me over till then. I have a feeling the long wait for the R600 is going to be worth it.

I sure hope so. I'll probably be getting the r600 when AMD gets the K10 Barcelona out. So I'll be totally AMD/ATI, and I'll run BERYL!

The HD2900XTX is rumored to have GDDR4 some new samsung chips that are clocked at 2,400 - 2,600 stock and will run upwards of 3000Mhz... About 10-12 Gigapixels per second. And two flavors will be available 512MB & 1GIG. About 10 Gigapixels per second.

The cores will run anywhere from 880MHz to 950Mhz in stock and overclocked retail versions. Knowing AMD, with the correct cooling and adequate power, I"m sure we'll be running this cards at Ghz speeds in no time.

The 2900 doesnt seem fantastic at all, its a small frame rate increase against a gts, the R600 better blow the gtx out of the water or Ati will soon be broke

We'll see...I really think ATI is going to have a tough one here since by the time the R600 is released Nvidia will have a new card ready such as the 8900GTX ready for it...we'll see though.

The 2900 doesnt seem fantastic at all, its a small frame rate increase against a gts, the R600 better blow the gtx out of the water or Ati will soon be broke

Then you sir, are blind. 11447 against 9836 in 3Dmark06 is pretty darn good if it's a direct competitor. A 21% increase in performance on Oblivion over the GTS doesn't seem fantastic?

Like what many have been saying, the 8600GTS is a great example, new cards are going to be better at new games that use complex shading. FEAR has nice graphics but there is no big whoop about it, not to mention that could be CPU limitation. Games like Oblivion and games that use Unreal Engine 3 is what the future is going to be about.

Who knows how well the 8900GTX will be, but as of now, the 8800 Ultra is what is being fabricated to go against R600, and that is just a GTX with a pretty hefty overclock to it, but I doubt that will be enough.

We'll see...I really think ATI is going to have a tough one here since by the time the R600 is released Nvidia will have a new card ready such as the 8900GTX ready for it...we'll see though.

Do you honestly believe that the 8900 cards are going to be out in less than 1 month? R600 is ready to be released the third week of May. Nvidia better pull a miracle to get those cards out that fast. The Ultra isn't even out yet so I doubt we will be seeing 8900 cards until July or August to the minimum, but I don't think Nvidia is going to be that predictable.

ATI will be broke? You mean AMD? I don't think so sport.

Doesn't seem that fantastic? May-be if you actually knew something about the actual physical hardware of videocards.

Frame Rate increase... lol

EVERYTHING IS NOT FRAME RATES MY FRIEND... Not to mention there are like 100 variables that can effect your frame rates.

kids...

How long do you really think it takes you create a new card thats slightly better than your last one. Nvidia likes to do it every 5 or 6 months so it seems.

I'm just saying Nvidia hasn't just been sitting around drinking beer and picking their asses for 5 months. They have something brewing and it's the R600 killer in their mind. I'm not saying that ATI is going to be demolished but everyone is jsut saying how the R600 is the end and game over Nvidia for a while just as ATI was with the 8800 series...however anything can happen in marketing and we will see.

renaming to HD2900XTX clever marketing sceme since Intel renamed their budget CPU to Celeron D.

With AMD working with ATI now, its impossbile for ATI to lose, using 65nm from AMD's factories, these video cards will be cooler and and less power comsumption. When AMD switches to 45nm next year, ATI will be at the high point as well.

Then you sir, are blind. 11447 against 9836 in 3Dmark06 is pretty darn good if it's a direct competitor. A 21% increase in performance on Oblivion over the GTS doesn't seem fantastic?

Like what many have been saying, the 8600GTS is a great example, new cards are going to be better at new games that use complex shading. FEAR has nice graphics but there is no big whoop about it, not to mention that could be CPU limitation. Games like Oblivion and games that use Unreal Engine 3 is what the future is going to be about.

Who knows how well the 8900GTX will be, but as of now, the 8800 Ultra is what is being fabricated to go against R600, and that is just a GTX with a pretty hefty overclock to it, but I doubt that will be enough.

Do you honestly believe that the 8900 cards are going to be out in less than 1 month? R600 is ready to be released the third week of May. Nvidia better pull a miracle to get those cards out that fast. The Ultra isn't even out yet so I doubt we will be seeing 8900 cards until July or August to the minimum, but I don't think Nvidia is going to be that predictable.

well bro company of heros and fear are like a 1 fps increase, i admit some games have a fair bit of performance increas but when you take into account the other games like fear and company of heros the increase isnt too much, seeing as their pitting it against the gts which isnt nvideas best, why not make a card that beats the gtx altogether?the r600 hopefully will or they are screwed, why bring out lower end stuff with a high end price tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom