ATI / AMD HD 2900 XTX - Owned By The GTX still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i think AMD/ATI are none too fussed about competing with nVidia's perceived lead at the moment. so yes nVidia were first to market with he 8 series, so have the only DX10 cards available and yes they are the performance leader at the moment. however they've laid their cards on the table too early. i don't see DX10 floating around yet or any games for it. so at the moment nVidia may get stuck trying to patch up their design for DX10 (reminisce to the FX series) while AMD/ATI can release a well polished design.

Looks more like an AMD/ATI win.

Think about it...

65nm vs 80nm
300+W vs 425+W
Solid drivers vs dodgy drivers

Sounds good to me.

Sounds perfect to me... which is why im going to get rid of the 8800 shortly after they come out.

Sounds perfect to me... which is why im going to get rid of the 8800 shortly after they come out.

You won't see any performance difference if you upgrade to ATI HD 2900

Looks more like an AMD/ATI win.

Think about it...

65nm vs 80nm
300+W vs 425+W

Sounds good to me.

For a card that is 6 months behind and have inferior performance. I think this is a big disappointment for ATI fanboys.

Driver problems can be fixed at anytime........

Video cards are beasts now eh? 2 ghz clock, 1 gig of ram at 1000mhz and 300W+ kinda like a mini comp inside a comp

You won't see any performance difference if you upgrade to ATI HD 2900
For a card that is 6 months behind and have inferior performance. I think this is a big disappointment for ATI fanboys.
Driver problems can be fixed at anytime........

I won't see a preformance difference?? really?? Looks like a difference there to me. Might not be much but there is a difference..
And the ATI drivers will probably work way better then Nvidia driver's, so there is another point to consider.

DailyTech - ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT Performance Benchmarks

1. AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT
2. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB

Call of Duty 2
XT-73.5 FPS
GTS-56.7 FPS

Company of Heroes
XT-92.1 FPS
GTS-90.1 FPS

F.E.A.R.
XT-84.0 FPS
GTS-83.3 FPS

3DMark06
XT-11447
GTS-9836

But I'm looking for a card that I would beable to Fold and better Driver support.

If the driver problems can be fixed anytime.. what is taking Nvidia so long to release a sold driver platform???

Might be hard to admit for some people... ^^ but I think ATI might have a slight advantage here.

I won't see a preformance difference?? really?? Looks like a difference there to me. Might not be much but there is a difference..
And the ATI drivers will probably work way better then Nvidia driver's, so there is another point to consider.

DailyTech - ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT Performance Benchmarks

1. AMD ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT
2. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB

Call of Duty 2
XT-73.5 FPS
GTS-56.7 FPS

Company of Heroes
XT-92.1 FPS
GTS-90.1 FPS

F.E.A.R.
XT-84.0 FPS
GTS-83.3 FPS

3DMark06
XT-11447
GTS-9836

But I'm looking for a card that I would beable to Fold and better Driver support.

If the driver problems can be fixed anytime.. what is taking Nvidia so long to release a sold driver platform???

Might be hard to admit for some people... ^^ but I think ATI might have a slight advantage here.

1. Those CoD2 FPS are Dodgy... i Play CoD2 Every nite.. and on DX9 i can get 60+ FPS... my buds 8800GTS 640 gets max 99fps on DX9 at 1680x1050

2. New Drivers for the 8800 just came out...
3. there wasnt that many probs with the drivers in the 1st place... lol Trust me I know... i played on my buds comp more than he does lol... only game that wouldnt play was Tom Clancy Double Agent... no instability no where..

Im no Fanboy of either, just sayin some facts i know... cuz im gonna wait and see wich will win the GPU war lol... then by the cheapest 1 hahaha

................heh....hehehe....hah...hAhHa.. HAAHHAHAH A AHAHAHAHAHAHAH LMAO ROFL LOL OMG OWNED!!!!!!

personally i think AMD/ATI are none too fussed about competing with nVidia's perceived lead at the moment. so yes nVidia were first to market with he 8 series, so have the only DX10 cards available and yes they are the performance leader at the moment. however they've laid their cards on the table too early. i don't see DX10 floating around yet or any games for it. so at the moment nVidia may get stuck trying to patch up their design for DX10 (reminisce to the FX series) while AMD/ATI can release a well polished design.

What he said.

Phantom118 said:
Exactly. I have a 7800GTX, and it works great. but I can't upgrade my drivers without losing performance, which sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom