ATI 4870's and temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Ok although i have made a separate thread in the hardware troubleshooting section i thought i'd ask this here because the answer will tell me if my thread was correct or not in the first place.

Ok basically my new comp randomly freezes while i am playing games, i was wondering if it might be my GPU overheating, are ATI cards known for overheating at all?

I'm just trying to figure out what the problem may be...:(

u can try downloading rivatuner. The fan can be controlled through that, but goes down to 40% n stays there if u set it as fixed.

agreed, you can also use ati tool, some people find it easy to use, but i prefer rivatuner, ati tool is just good for the artifact scanner.

If you havent adjusted the fan settings, its possible. Mine idle at 40, load at 50 :D But they're running on water.

ok ive set fan speed to 50%, the idle temp now is roughly 40c and it doesnt seem to go over 60c but im still getting freezing issues, drivers i guess maybe for once windows actually gets something right,lol.

spore is still freezing as usual but i just played Dawn of War for like an hour and it didn't freeze, gonna play it again and see if it does or not, atm it's Spore=fail, especially since it freezes on the main menu after like 30 seconds.

spore is still freezing as usual but i just played Dawn of War for like an hour and it didn't freeze, gonna play it again and see if it does or not, atm it's Spore=fail, especially since it freezes on the main menu after like 30 seconds.

same here with dawn of war. Hellgate: London doesnt work so well on downloading patches, im having a hard time getting it working on multiplayer.

right well been playing tons of DOW:Soul Storm and a nice big skirmish in Supreme Commander and no freezing so i think it's just a spore issue, it's not too bad though it never freezes during game play only menu's and the vehicle creator( lol creature creator is fine but it didn't like vehicle). I just save before civilisation phase so no biggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom