Ati??

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
So i always been a nVidia fan and never tried out ATI card are there GPU's good?Just wonderings and how do they compare to the nVidia geforce's?

This is a general question, but yes, their products are made to a very high standard and are as highly reknowned as nvidia's. Their current flagship is the HD3870.

Thier cards are good, but for a while now, in terms of performance, nvidia has been killing them imo. The hd3870 is good, but nvidia 9series is coming in February, and ati just cant keep up. But, there cards are good for bang for your bucl

Thier cards are good, but for a while now, in terms of performance, nvidia has been killing them imo. The hd3870 is good, but nvidia 9series is coming in February, and ati just cant keep up. But, there cards are good for bang for your bucl

Everyone is banging on about the 9 series, but they have seemed to have forgotten R700. It is based on a modular design, it is made up of mini GPUs which each comprise of 300M transistors on a 55NM scale (R600 had 700M, RV670 had 666M) More mini GPUs can be added onto the same die so the chip is very scaleable. The entry level cards will have one GPU, the mainstream cards will have two, and the performance cards will have 4, maybe 8 for the extreme cards. I dont see how you can write off ATi at this stage with such an exciting propostion on offer with their next gen cards.

Only time will tell.

the 3870 x2 which is the r700 i believe, and that's coming out in january of 2008 not 2009... and that is probably going to be better then the 9 series cause its 2 gpu's on one board, and plus its using 55nm technology, and I believe the nVidia GPU's are still using 90nm (not 100% sure on that) but its definitely not 55nm tech, so the ATI cards are more efficient. the 3xxx series, not the 2xxx series.

For overclockers ATI currently rules best bang/buck IMO....just came to this conclusion as my 115 quid 3850 512mb has just hit 1+ghz :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom