Athlon X2 6000+ not that much slower than E6600 for 50 bucks less

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring up a good point, but within the next week intel is going to be releasing the e6750 at the 183 dollar price point. This processor pretty much dominates AMD's counterpart in virtually ever test... except cinebench.

You bring up a good point, but within the next week intel is going to be releasing the e6750 at the 183 dollar price point. This processor pretty much dominates AMD's counterpart in virtually ever test... except cinebench.

The $183 is for bulk purchases of 1k units. The retail price will be about $50-$100 more. I was under the same presumption which is why I held off to get the e6750, The pre-order prices you see the e6x50 series at right now will be the retail prices even next week.

The only units that will be getting the price cuts are the quad-cores. The current C2D CPUs will not see a price reduction.

I was thinking of an e6750...but if what you're saying is true, I'll just pick up a Q6600.

I was all over the e6750, I was moments from pre-ordering and I thought about it a second and realized that $220 for a factory OC'd FSB is crazy when I can grab a e6420 or even a e6320 and OC it to the same speeds for $50-$100 less.

There is still the chance I am wrong, and a small part of me hopes I am and that the price will drop next week. However, my gut tells me that is not the case and the prices we are seeing will be the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom