Athlon X2 4800 vs. Dual Intel Xeon 3.0Ghz

Will you participate in a monthly calendar contest?

• Yes, I will participate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will not participate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean

In Runtime
Which do you rate to be the best? I plan on using my machine for games like Halo 2 PC, Starship Troopers, Earth 2160, etc. and also to run a high speed server. Which do you think is better?

I think AMD is gonna get %100. Especially on these forums. The only time it wouldn't would be if someone was screwing around and put INTEL for fun.

Pretty much everyone locally said the same thing, so I decided to go with AMD this time around and got a decent motherboard with 1000Mhz FSB and am also getting the X2 4800. The next one up (FX-60) was just too much and I couldn't justify spending over a grand on a processor, particularly when the 4800 already dominates the dual Xeons. How high can the 4800 be overclocked?

If you want to overclock, honestly get an Opteron. They are much much cheaper and can easily reach X2 4800's speeds.

P.P. Mguire said:
Im willing to bet Dual 3.0ghz Xenons would tear that single 4800+ up in a server.

I wonder why... maybe cause there server CPUs. I voted AMD 4800+, and if your going to overclock get an opteron 165 or 4400+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom