Athlon 64 or Athlon X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsilon

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I'm new to these forums so i just want to say Hi :)

Also, i have a question :p

I have recently bought a bunch of parts to build my new PC.
They are as follows:

Asus A8N32 SLi Deluxe
2x EVGA 7900 GT's
OCZ 2GB Platinum DDR400
Antec 550watt TRUEPOWERII

Now, I am just debating whether to get an Athlon 64 3700+ or an Athlon X2 3800+

I plan to play WoW a lot, CS:S, BF2, and any other new games that come out.

I also like to work in photoshop, fireworks, flash, ETC.

And I like to have itunes, AIM, games, etc. all open at the same time.

So I'm just wondering if you guys could give me some advice onto which CPU i should get.

Are you going to be running FRAPS in the background and shouting "LEEROY JENKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!11112121!!!" and "atleast I ain't chicken" or whatever it is he says at the end.

I personally would go for the X2, as I want a dualie, and I would then buy FRAPS and a huuuuge hdd, and then record everything that I do waiting for the time when I own, and stick it on Google video's.

oh yea i did want to run fraps....if i did want to run fraps while playing WoW or whatever, would a dual core help out a lot with that?

It is not really playable recording on FRAPS and playing a game at the same time, atleast owning wise, on a single core CPU. You will get 30fps max probally while recording.

Well I am for X2, if you read alot of the previous posts most people will tell you X2 for the future and better round performance. Single core if your on a budget and are planning to upgrade again soon.

Being a X2 user, I can say it really has made a difference over single core, especially when having messanger/ utilities open in background.

Alot of people also mention there being good and bad X2 chips, something to do with the amount of cache I think, some have 512, others 1mb but cant remember which is which atm I'm affriad. Check the CPU specs.

They also overclock like a b*tch :)

Hope this helped:cool:

I agree with Tyler1989. If you need it now, go with the X2, but if you aren't in a big hurry, waiting for the Core 2 Duo would be an excellent idea.

well i agree with trifid....he already has the board. i reccomend getting an x2 3800+ or the slightly more expensive opteron 165 and look into overclocking it. due to the imminent release of con*** i could not in good conscience reccomend forking out for a more expensive X2 as its value will decline significantly.

take mercy on me gaara for sort of mentioning a topic that i am currently banned from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom