Athlon 64 3700- what is equivalent in Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibanez737

Beta member
I've always used Intel CPUs in the past, but now I want to switch to AMD because I've heard they're better for gaming. Problem is, AMD chips are faster at a given clock speed than Intel processors, and I don't have any idea how to compare them. If an Athlon 64 3700 San Diego runs at 2.2 Ghz, what would its Intel competiror be? Would it be faster than a 3.2 GHz P4 Prescott?

i was just reading a thread like this and it mentioned that processors have pipes (stages a process has to go through before its complete) and amd have somthing like 12 and intel have 20+ (something like that) and even though amd 3700+ would be equivilent to a intel 3.7 if they had the same amount of pipes the amd is acutally faster. that is why intel needs more speed so it will travel through the pipes faster seeing as it has more that amd. its hard to refraise other peoples stuff lol i wish i could find the link, thanks to whoever wrote the original post btw.

basically a 500km stretch travelling at 100km/r would be intel while as amd would be 250km stretch travelling at 50km/h (get it kinda? :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom