Asus Unveils XG Station: The WorldÂ’s First External Graphics Card For Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
main.php

Asus has just revealed the worldÂ’s first external video card for laptop computers at CES Unveiled in Las Vegas. The XG Station is connected via Express Card also featuring USB 2.0 and Dolby digital headphone jack support. On the XG Station itself it displays system master volume, GPU clock speed, current GPU temperature, FPS (frames per second), and a GPU fan indicator. Asus is expecting to release the XG Station with a EN7900GS graphics card in the Q2 of 2007, no word on the final price yetÂ… but be sure to check up throughout the remainder of CES.

main.php

http://pcexposure.com/2007/01/06/as...lds-first-external-graphics-card-for-laptops/

Thats kind of funny. Just the other day I was wondering why nobody made a external graphics card or graphics card adaptor.

You get the business mobility use of a laptop without needing to compromise game performance when you want to play.

I wonder if it can run off the battery. Probably drain it in 5 minutes.

And could you hook up two of them for Sli :)

And has anybody tried to this before because it seems really odd that this is the first time its been done.

Personally, I think gaming on a laptop is a wasteful experience, but I can imagine this being very exciting news for some. By the way, the idea of an external graphics card for laptops has been there for a while, they just had to wait for the right time to put it on the market.

yeah i had always wondered why nobody had ever made one for the minipci slot or the pc card slot. you couldnt put a highend one there. but a graphics boost of some type would be worth while. all well at least its here now.

Dell has had an expansion base for their Latitude line that included a PCI slot for expansion like this in the past. That was several years ago when you could still get a decent graphics card in PCI form, I dont think they have made them for awhile though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom