Asus Striker Extreme LED Reads "DET RAM" but does not boot with 4 sticks in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeuk

Baseband Member
Long title, I'll try to simplify as much as I can.

I have this RAM:
PC2-6400 800Mhz Black Dragon Quad Channel Kit - Products - Geil USA

And this motherboard:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Chipset: C55XEMCP55PXE
BIOS Revision 1203

After a long talk on this forum I finally got my gaming system up.

However, it seems that when I put in all four sticks of ram, the motherboard's little useful LED will say: "DET DRAM" and not boot up. The computer and components seem to be working, but no video is coming up.

However, when I take out one of these sticks (I've tried different slot configurations) the computer will boot up without video for a few seconds (still displaying the "DET DRAM" message on the LED), then seem to restart itself automatically (I can hear the fans restarting) and video will suddenly come up.

There has to be something wrong here, right?
Even when I restart the computer with 3 ram sticks in, it will just sit there. I'd have to manually shut down the computer, and turn it back on, wait for that process to happen and only then will the video come up.

Now, I know that the RAM isn't showing up on the QVL of the motherboard.
However, I am hoping that it might be the voltage that isn't set correctly, or something in the BIOS that someone can help me through with so that I can run all 4 sticks of RAM and hopefully stop the computer from acting up upon restarting and all.

Thanks for all your help, this forum has been my biggest savior in tech problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom