Asus Sabertooth Z77 only 1866?? and a couple other questions

buckman341

In Runtime
Hello all-
I've been out of the computer tech circles the last couple years and haven't bought any major upgrades in a while. That's about to change though!

This new Sabertooth motherboard from Asus seems very impressive. Just curious why it only supports up to 1866 DDR3 when memory seems to be going up to 2800 these days, although admittedly it doesn't seem like a very common standard. 2000 and 2133 seem fairly common at least. Is it just not that big a deal as far as performance goes or is there a more fundamental reason?

Was also curious about this:

"LucidLogix Virtu MVP LucidLogix Virtu MVP featuring HyperFormance Technology boosts your discrete graphics card up to 60% beyond its original performance through the test of 3DMark Vantage. Designed for Intel processor graphics and Windows 7 PCs, it perfectly combines the performance of discrete graphics cards with fast computing iGPU."

Those seem like some pretty big numbers to be throwing around. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

only up to ddr3 1600 is common. Im not sure if the faster ram is worth the price. Usually you get to those speeds from overclocking.

the lucid stuff started off a while ago where they claimed they could combine any 2 cards and combine their performance. I think their niche now is taking advantage of the tech in new cpus to boost performance as any 2 cards they used to do. I think now it is more for switching output from discrete to integrated based on the video load - a power and hardware saver.

im not familiar with benefits beyond that, or any bonuses it uses to improve discrete cards.

Hello all-
I've been out of the computer tech circles the last couple years and haven't bought any major upgrades in a while. That's about to change though!

This new Sabertooth motherboard from Asus seems very impressive. Just curious why it only supports up to 1866 DDR3 when memory seems to be going up to 2800 these days, although admittedly it doesn't seem like a very common standard. 2000 and 2133 seem fairly common at least. Is it just not that big a deal as far as performance goes or is there a more fundamental reason?

Was also curious about this:

"LucidLogix Virtu MVP LucidLogix Virtu MVP featuring HyperFormance Technology boosts your discrete graphics card up to 60% beyond its original performance through the test of 3DMark Vantage. Designed for Intel processor graphics and Windows 7 PCs, it perfectly combines the performance of discrete graphics cards with fast computing iGPU."

Those seem like some pretty big numbers to be throwing around. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks.
Just means the official multiplier goes up to 1866, but any multiplier over that will be considered overclocking. That or the use of XMP to achieve higher than the standard.

Back
Top Bottom