Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe & Dual Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

guinness74

Solid State Member
I know that 680i is the preferred mobo for dual core builds, however, could anyone give me their thoughts on how the ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe will work with Dual Cores (E6600 to be specific).

I read that the P5N32 was not made for Dual Core, but I would like to get educated on what is lost (performance and capabilities) by using this mobo w/ the E6600.

I am building a rig through ABS (I know building my own would be preferrable, but I also just had a newborn so I don't have much time to build and troubleshoot my own rig - forget the fact that I've never done it before).

Thanks.

680i is preferred for its SLiing ability, and overclocking, that motherboard in particular people like because its not the reference design nvidia gave ASUS. you don't really lose much from using it but you could go with the 975s that support core 2 fine, make sure they do coz some don't.

guinness74 said:
I know that 680i is the preferred mobo for dual core builds.

Its not.

Whoever told you that the P5N32 wasn't made for Dual Cores has no idea what they're talking about, since all Core 2 Duos are Dual Cores.

But that still doesn't make it a wise choice. Go with the ASUS P5B Deluxe, it'll give the same overclockability but for less.

And you SHOULD build your own. Its not that hard, especially with the guide at the top of the forum. Not to mention the hundreds of other guides available on the internet. Others who had never touched the insides of their computers have done it before, so can you. You need to start sometime, anyway. I think it goes without saying that the first time I built my own computer...I had never built my own computer before. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom