Asus P5n Sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

cementshoes

In Runtime
Alright, I'm using onboard sound, the headphone jacks in the front and the back work great, I have no complaints about those, but the microphone jack in the back doesn't work. The one in the front works great so that rules out a driver/setting/microphone problem. Now I'm just wondering how to fix this. Will I have to send it back for a new one or is there possibly a wire disconnected(I had a couple of those I had to fix) or is it just crappy hardware that I'll have to RMA.

Also, my computer idles at 20 degrees C according to t he gauges on the front of the computer. Is that fine for an idle temp cuz I really dont wanna spend extra on zalman stuff yet.

The answer to your former question is the board might have a defective headphone jack - s*** happens. To your latter, that is a great idle temperature so you do not need an aftermarket heatsink.

so there's nothing I can do about it? they will replace it, right? cuz I can't always run my headphones thru the front as I have to keep my door open for that and then it's in the way.

EDIT: I thought you meant the front didn't work, and yea if the back jack doesn't work then it's possible it could be deffective. I would just buy a cheap card such as this ( I have it)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102002

You won't have to RMA the board and then you will have a big upgrade from onboard. I thought the onboard on my Biostar 965PT would be fine but after I tried it...it sucked bad and I had to take this out of my old computer and use it.

Otherwise RMA the board or call them first.

Check my edit above I thought you meant the front jacks did not work. The back jacks should work as soon as the board is connected right.

EDIT: Jumpers are small connectors inside that go from the front jacks/usb to little pins on the motherboard. I believe they only affect the front ports though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom