asus and opteron

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
what do you think of this mobo
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
and the mad opteron 175..have any one used these together before?

If your going SLI looks good to me.

Don't go with a DFI board if they tell you to, they have been CPU killers lately.

They fry your CPU which, if your mobo is working correctly would not happen becauseonce your CPU reaches a certain temperature it would shut down.

p0werslave said:
If your going SLI looks good to me.

Don't go with a DFI board if they tell you to, they have been CPU killers lately.
Only the DFI expert board. If you get ASUS, get the AN832. If you cant afford that, the DFI SLI-D. The AN832 is the only good amd board ASUS makes, but it's not just good, it's REALLY good. I mean like REALLY REALLY good. But it also costs over $200

If there have been problems they are small problems of people not setting them up correctly. And like everything out there, you run the risk of getting something defective. The ultra-d is a tried and true board that many people are using its working well for them. There might be small problems with the ultra-d but nothing like the expert and frying cpus.

see i bought the asus mobo based on buying the amd 4400+ but i kind went the other way and bought the opteron 175 do you think i should stick with the bord or return it and get the dfi one?

I currently got a DFI ultra-d for 135$USD it works almost perfectly...The fan got in the way of the video card, i had to move it a bit higher. For the $ it's deffinetly worth it.

003 said:
Only the DFI expert board. If you get ASUS, get the AN832. If you cant afford that, the DFI SLI-D. The AN832 is the only good amd board ASUS makes, but it's not just good, it's REALLY good. I mean like REALLY REALLY good. But it also costs over $200

Enlighten me on how it's really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom