ASUS issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jspot

In Runtime
I bought this motherboard about 6 months ago.

Newegg.com - ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

and just got around to tinkering with the OCing program that comes with the motherboard. and I will be damned if I get it as high as 220 and I get the screen we all know and love.. the blue screen of death. and then the computer will go into a reboot loop and I have to go into bios and change everything back to default.. for this being an award winning mobo shouldn't have a little more give than that... I mean I had an Epox mobo that went up to 265 with only a 9x multiplier. if anyone has any input on why this is acting up like this please let me know.

you need to drop your ram speed to ddr2 677.
drop the HT multiplier to 4. when you get past 250mhz, you will need to drop it to 3.
probably before then you will need to drop your ram speed to 533.
as a matter of fact, i'd drop the ht to 3 and the ram to 533 to begin with and eliminate that from your stability issues.
that way you can max cpu/mobo nad not have to worry about ram or HT giving you problems. then overclock them later after you work out your cpu.
you may up the core voltage one notch also.
award-winning it may be, but that mobo/chipset is known to be a pretty weak overclocker. ehich is odd, because asus usually makes stellar overclocking hardware. my 8800gt doesnt OC all that well (not that it needs to). go figure.

after I get the CPU where I want it then start messing with the RAM what are the chances that it is going to go back into the reboot loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom