Asus, Gigabyte or other options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suptt

Baseband Member
Not sure as to which one I want to go with. I actually had a Gigabyte 965G - DS3 and it was DOA. So I'm not too excited about getting another Gigabyte but everyone seems to like them so I'm willing to try again. Here is basically what I have:
Intel e6420
G.Skill DDR2800
Seagate HDD
8800GTS
Antec 900

I just want to make the right choice this time on the mobo because with the Gigabyte I couldn't even post. Also, I was reading that that G.Skill mem that I have needs to run at 1.9v, but I was reading a post that some people had trouble getting the DS3 board to stay booted long enough to change the voltage. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

well many people here uses 965p-ds3 which mine was bought off from a store and works great! i think you should try msi platinum if you really don't want to get gigabyte. for me gigabyte is great and msi would be another choice...

if you wanna save money a cheaper p956 MB would be great. eg ds3 etc. also 650i's are ok aswell. 680i's bascially some with added features. but i heard that some of the new p35 models are great for o/c'ing aswell. eg p5k or msi platnium are some good ones. really is up to you. i think some of the p35's are actually level price with some of the p965's. honestly i would go with p965 since i have had no expierence with the new p35

if you wanna save money a cheaper p956 MB would be great. eg ds3 etc. also 650i's are ok aswell. 680i's bascially some with added features. but i heard that some of the new p35 models are great for o/c'ing aswell. eg p5k or msi platnium are some good ones. really is up to you. i think some of the p35's are actually level price with some of the p965's. honestly i would go with p965 since i have had no expierence with the new p35

actually the p35-ds3r (gigabyte) is cheaper than the MSI plat and the p965 ds3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom