asus am2+ is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing wrong with s939 still killer rigs.
compare them to what they were competing against and it puts it into perspective.
personally, i will use my 590 am2 mobo until (at least) the gigabyte SLI am2 +/am3 mobo comes out. yes, i love SLI. yes, i will use SLI. its a way to future-proof (to an extent) your gaming rig.

ya.. sli and crossfire are finally starting to kick in... you no longer see as many people saying SLi is a waste of money.. there are still some.. but no nearly as many as there was about... 5 months ago.. lol

well, figure this...its like you bought a 7900gs when they were new and they were expensive.
then, the 8800's came out, and the 7900's dropped drastically in price. so, you buy another 7900 for half what you paid before (say, arbitrarily...125 dollars) and so now you have a -DX10 8800GTS 320 for (realistically) 125 dollars. you cant beat that. especially when the new 8800's were costing 350+.
of course, i sell my old cards on ebay, so it really doesnt matter.

i just keep whatever i buy, so multi gpuing is the way for me. And the things i don't use make great paper weights, so nothing wasted.

well, figure this...its like you bought a 7900gs when they were new and they were expensive.
then, the 8800's came out, and the 7900's dropped drastically in price. so, you buy another 7900 for half what you paid before (say, arbitrarily...125 dollars) and so now you have a -DX10 8800GTS 320 for (realistically) 125 dollars. you cant beat that. especially when the new 8800's were costing 350+.
of course, i sell my old cards on ebay, so it really doesnt matter.

i've been saying this since i started building computers... (end of 6 series, beginning of 7) and i've been shunned and called a moron for doing so.. and jsut now people are starting to catch on and agree (not saying that you havent already been thinking that way)

i always found it to be beneficial.. cuz you reach speeds you can't reach with a single card... and not everyone can blow 600 dollars in one blow for a super card.. so why not blow seperate 300's?

ehh im moderately excited i guess :/
lets see 8800Ultra is slightly stronger than GTX
8800GTX is slightly stronger than 8800GT
8800GT slightly stronger than HD 3870
HD 3870 slightly stronger than 3850 mabye?

Anyways if you got 4 HD 3870's in theory don't you got way performance better than 2 8800Ultra's mabye even 3? And crossfire scales way better than SLI as well.

But sounds too good to be true. Especially when you don't know if a 3850 can overclock to a 3870.

umm... if 2 8800gt's is better than an ultra.. and 3870 is only slightly worse than the gt.. i would say 4 3870's is like 3 ultras or 2.6 ultras or something.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom