Asus 790GX vs. Biostar Tpower nForce 750a

Status
Not open for further replies.
and here i thought only crude oil prices could be speculated.

Thats not speculation. Deneb has very few improvements over agena. And with the lead Yorkfield has over agena it is entirely within the realm of possibility.

i then gave the alternative choice of changing companies altogether (since it seems like what the majority of people are doing...hench...bandwagon).

You make it sound so hard to switch between companies. It's hardly a bandwagon. If you look around we have many veteran users who have owned as many Intel systems as AMD systems. To go with whoever is best at the time is not jumping on the bandwagon, thats being a smart consumer. To stick with an inferior product is called fanboyism. I am a capitalist through and through, I'm going with what is best, and right now that happens to be Intel.

Thats not speculation. Deneb has very few improvements over agena. And with the lead Yorkfield has over agena it is entirely within the realm of possibility.

AMD has not released any Deneb for testing.
there are what...2 screenshots of supposidly deneb overclocked....*twirls finger into air*
there is not enough evidence that deneb will beat it, or vice versa

speculation

You make it sound so hard to switch between companies. It's hardly a bandwagon. If you look around we have many veteran users who have owned as many Intel systems as AMD systems. To go with whoever is best at the time is not jumping on the bandwagon, thats being a smart consumer. To stick with an inferior product is called fanboyism. I am a capitalist through and through, I'm going with what is best, and right now that happens to be Intel.

jumping on the bandwagon means 'to join a trend'
the current trend right now for processors is intel.
bandwagon.
not 'smart consumer' how you like to imply it.

nor, have i said bandwagon is a bad thing.
e-***** is and people who brag they get 150fps over someone with 120fps are well...sad

jumping on the bandwagon means 'to join a trend'
the current trend right now for processors is intel.
bandwagon.
not 'smart consumer' how you like to imply it.

nor, have i said bandwagon is a bad thing.
e-***** is and people who brag they get 150fps over someone with 120fps are well...sad

I agree, its really sad.

The "best performance" never lasts long anyways. Id rather run games with 100fps instead of paying more for 150fps. Both are good framerates and will let you have a blast gaming.

Liking one brand over another is personal preference. Shooting down one brand because you like another is fanboyisim, and sadly its the guys running Intel systems shooting down AMD.

Do you buy a car based solely on "best performance"? Some do, others dont. The way i see it its my money and ill do whatever the **** i want with it.

When getting 150fps is $20 cheaper than getting 120fps it is stupid not to. if AMD's chips were even 1% faster than Intel's for the same price, I would buy AMD, and vice versa. To not do so is to waste your money.

Being a smart consumer means you do research and buy whats best. Core2 is the best, if you cant bring yourself to realize that then it sounds like a personal problem. I don't know how active you are in the forums, but most people who have been here know that I have owned and used an equal number of AMD and Intel systems. I buy what gives me the best performance for my money at the time. 2 and a half years ago that mean an Opteron 165, before that it meant an s754 Athlon 3400+ and before that it mean a 1ghz P3. All were the best bang for buck at the time. There is no bandwagon i assure you. I odn't buy Intel because everyone else is, i buy Intel because its the best. That sir is being a smart consumer. Do not bring me down the level of a Hannah Montanna fan and say I go with the masses. I would say the opposite, my research put me ahead of the curve as it has for many TF users and power users the planet over. We have faster computers and have more money to spend on other things at the end of the day. I would counter by saying your blind following of an inferior product makes you the one on the band wagon. Instead of reading the benchmarks and finding the facts you decide you will go AMD no matter what. I do not know your reasoning, perhaps its political like Apok, or maybe you like the color green over blue. Whatever the reason its your money you are wasting and that's fine. The problem arises when you tell others they are wrong or sheep for choosing something else.

If Deneb beats Nehalem (which is unlikely) then I will admit my wrongdoings and speak Deneb's praises and recommend it to no end. But that is highly doubtful. With nehalem any theoretical architectural advantage that AMD has is gone. And we already know what changes Deneb will have. it is not simply a shot in the dark to know roughly how it will perform. Nehalem is more of an unknown than Deneb.

Wow, what a load of bs.

AMD is not "inferior" because Intel is faster. You make it sound like
AMD chips are slow, and quite frankly they're not.

I do not need a computer that is minimally faster, my system serves me well for my purposes.

I don't need a 4ghz cpu, and im not very fond of how Intel has kept AMD down. I do own two systems, one AMD and one Intel, so i don't go with AMD just because i like the color "green". I do prefer AMD, but thats just personal preference. I dont go around bad mouthing Intel, ive even recommended Intel systems.

But when i built this system, i was getting the best bang for my buck. I had no intention of even gaming on it, but i decided to go ahead and get a stronger gpu to game with. Then i did several small upgrades, and i was going to possibly get an Intel mobo and cpu but then i saw the masses going to Intel, and i decided not to follow the crowd. I sat down and thought whether i really needed to gloat about a higher 3dmark06 score..and found my answer.

You of all people should know that benchmarks are simply synthetic, and true game performance is more gpu dependent than it is cpu. Sure i will get some more fps if i switched to a 4ghz E8400 with my 8800GT, but ill get even more if i got a stronger gpu like a GTX 260.

And the reason i wont get an ATI card is because right now, Nvidia is in the lead when it comes to folding and warranty (which are two factors that are very important to me, while they may not be to others). If this changes, then ill have no problem going to an ATI card.

Like i said already, performance is not the number 1 factor i take when i buy something, i look at several factors overall. I feel it would be a waste for me to get an E8400, or even a stronger AMD cpu since my system does everything i need it to do.

And i do music production, gaming, photoshop..etc. I never get any slowdows, and i don't feel like im missing any power. Im not an extreme hardware junkie and i don't get my jollies off from having the highest 3dmark06 score and running a game at 150fps.

I dont tell anyone they are wrong for buying Intel over AMD, i just throw out suggestions on AMD builds when i know they really give the better bang for your buck.

The fact is, when people ask for an htpc build on these forums, we all know the best onboard gpu is AMD based, the hd3300. Theres also the low power 45w dual core which compliments the system well. I can go into a thread and suggest this build, and soon after someone will come in and say "well, Intel is faster so you should go with this build"....so yeah i think i can justify the whole intel craze being a bandwagon.

Being a smart consumer means you do research and buy whats best. Core2 is the best, if you cant bring yourself to realize that then it sounds like a personal problem.
since when did i say core2 wasn't the best? please quote me, i'm dying to read it.

I don't know how active you are in the forums, but most people who have been here know that I have owned and used an equal number of AMD and Intel systems. I buy what gives me the best performance for my money at the time. 2 and a half years ago that mean an Opteron 165, before that it meant an s754 Athlon 3400+ and before that it mean a 1ghz P3. All were the best bang for buck at the time. There is no bandwagon i assure you. I odn't buy Intel because everyone else is, i buy Intel because its the best. That sir is being a smart consumer.

I would counter by saying your blind following of an inferior product makes you the one on the band wagon. Instead of reading the benchmarks and finding the facts you decide you will go AMD no matter what. I do not know your reasoning, perhaps its political like Apok, or maybe you like the color green over blue. Whatever the reason its your money you are wasting and that's fine. The problem arises when you tell others they are wrong or sheep for choosing something else.

that is nice you've own all those...and i take it your implying that i havn't owned my fair share of both as well?
*thumbs up*

i also take it your implying that i know absolutely nothing about computers that i'm no smarter than the dirt trapped in your case vent.
*thumbs up*

honestly...i think that you need to get off your high horse and realize the fact that just because you currently have the #1 brand, doesn't mean that there are other companies out there that are running the same programs, games, operating systems fluently and basically naked to the human eye and concience.

you should be seeing the pro's and con's about both of these companies. not just rippin' on the one and praising whatever one you have.
i have a friend like that. it's 'whatever he has is the best and doesn't matter what you have'. other are just like ???

Thanks cntdwn, thats what I wanted to hear. If the 790gx really does support deneb, then frick yeah, im goin amd. Seriously, intel people are retarded sometimes.. Sure its faster/better OCs and everything but seriously, intel is wut all the neighborhood moms have on their cute little labtops and stuff

Lol jk, but I have had both amd and intel rigs and AMD, in my own experience, is wayy more reliable. Intel is sweet and all but i hate doing what everyone else is doing even if i will get less performance. Plus amd's are cheap. I'm prbly gonna go with the 9850 be which is just under the e7200 dual so i really dont care. As long as the compy does what i need it to, why be competitive with others?

sorry for missin' this...

from what i have heard (amd forum), it will support the first gen of deneb (second will be only AM3 socket)
however, the only setback i've seen (kinda meh, but kinda darn!) is the fact deneb will not have DDR3 support the in AM2 sockets....

i just got my GX board and paired it with a cheap 5000+ BE (only 70bucks canadian) and figured that would get me by for the new games coming out until the deneb release and then compair it to the current 98/9950 phenoms.

First off, Rican I really am not sure what point you are trying to make. So I'll do my best to address it.

I haven't recommended intels on htpcs. In fact I don't bother with htpc threads often because its not my expertise (although if I remember Via owns the low power segment)

But honestly Rican I don't think your case warranted an Intel build. If you already had an AMD rig then there is no point tossing out a good one.

My problem is when people recommend whole gaming builds that are phenom based. There is no logical point in doing so (fanboyism does not count a slogial because it ignores facts).

Yes cards are more important for fps, but that in and of itself doesn't mean you should get a slower cpu. Once again best bang for buck. Supreme Commander is an excellent example of cpu driven games. Most modern RTS and simulation games will also rely on a cpu but that's a moot point. You make the argument about 150fps versus 120fps. Personally I don't know what game your playing unless its 3 or 4 years old, But DX10 games only get that with super expensive rigs or low graphics. Most people here don't have $2k to spend, so every bit of performance you can get matters a good deal.

I also want to contest this notion of a bandwagon. It's the first time I have heard anyone call Intel users that, but honestly if we are running for the performance Bandwagon then I sure hope there is a seat left for me. Lets think about this. Phenoms and Core2s have relatively the same price for their market segment. But the Competing ccore2s will consistently beat the Phenoms they are set against. I don't think there is a Phenom that can beat the gaming performance of an e8400 consistently. And the e8400 is not an expensive chip.

And you know what? I do a lot of work in FLStudio too. That is a very cpu demanding thing. When you are rendering in realtime multiple 3XOSC and Sytrus synths you can bog down a cpu pretty easy. In that case you want as much cpu as you can get.

When you get down to it. This has nothing to do with what company's name is on the chip. It has everything to do with how fast it is and how much it costs. I understand AMD is working on a ULV Athlon for netbooks, I hope they roll it out soon, because there is gobs of money to be made, and the Atom isn't as fast as everyone says. Right now Core2 is king, and as much as it hurts for some people to realize that. We must. Not for our pride, or for out 3dmark scores, but because there are a lot of people who come here wnating recommendations and to recommend second best, no matter how big or small the gap is, would be doing them a great disservice.

If you were getting 120fps or more this might not matter as much but with games like Crysis we could be talking about the difference between smooth game play and a slide show. I don't know about everyone else but when I buy a cpu I want the absolute best product available with my budget and I would get cpu x if its was .001% faster than cpu y because there is no reason to get a slower cpu.

Right now Intel has the best cpu's and there are plenty of benchmarks showing it. 2 years from now that could be a different story but for know I see no reason to get anything other than the best. There is nothing wrong with preferring AMD but that preference should be put aside when recommending hardware to others.

but, if you honestly care about your e-***** and want 160fps instead of 140fps, then jump on the bandwagon like a lot of people and 'go intel'.

So would you say in 2003 when Hammer came out, and everyone bought AMD, they were also jumping on a bandwagon? Same thing happened here, except the name of the company changed. Lets not have double standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom