Asus 790GX vs. Biostar Tpower nForce 750a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtumble2

In Runtime
I'm really between these two mobos for my new build. Im a huge fan of asus as they're extremely reliable if they work out of the box, but the asus has xfire support and i have a nvidia card.

But the Biostar has Sli support and an 8-series onboard video which is handy and has "100% solid CAP and more OC features" whatever that means lol, and I am overclocking so i like the oc features or whatever.

Theyre both around the same price, Am2+, 1066..same FSB, but the biostar has a weird setup compared to some others.

Asus: Newegg.com - ASUS M3A78-T AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Biostar: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower N750 AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Which should I get, or should I get something completely different. going with the 9850 BE

Thanks

I would go with a board that supports intel processors. Intel is much faster, and now I seriously regret getting an AMD board. I have an asus board however, and I am happy with it so I'd say stay with asus as they are reliable. As far as one board having crossfire vs SLI support, unless you plan on buying a second one it really doesn't matter. Even then, a lot of people say running two cards the difference is minimal, and then when you go to upgrade you have two old cards to sell vs one. Instead of 2 cheaper cards, you can just eventually upgrade and get one awesome one,

I know intel is a lot faster, but you cant beat the front side bus (4000mhz) on the amd, vs the highest on the core 2 extreme 1600mhz. Data transfer for large files, like videos and stuff, is a lot faster on the amd. The proc im looking at is a 2.5ghz quad, so it should be fine. Would 775 really beat this though?

You probably are better of with a Intel build, but if you do want to go with AMD there isn't a huge gaping hope in performance and there builds are still great.

I think the ASUS board is better.

I know intel is a lot faster, but you cant beat the front side bus (4000mhz) on the amd, vs the highest on the core 2 extreme 1600mhz. Data transfer for large files, like videos and stuff, is a lot faster on the amd. The proc im looking at is a 2.5ghz quad, so it should be fine. Would 775 really beat this though?

An Intel system would still beat it. My Intel E2180 is faster than either of my families Athlon x2 systems even though they have hypertransport. I recommend looking at some benchmarks and comparing the Phenom's to Core 2 Duo's and Quad's.

AnandTech: AMD's Phenom X4 9950, 9350e and 9150e: Lower Prices, Voltage Tricks and Strange Behavior

That's simply not true. AMD hypertransport is faster, but the phenoms are slower than core2 so they lose that advantage. Get an Intel and save your reputation and sanity.

if you go with the 9850BE, i would suggest the 790GX chipset.
the SB750 + ACC has improved the overclocking ability of the phenom's and 3.0+ is basically a given now w/ 9850
as well, the 790GX boards will also support Deneb, so no mobo change is needed for the next generation chip.

but, if you honestly care about your e-***** and want 160fps instead of 140fps, then jump on the bandwagon like a lot of people and 'go intel'.

its not a bandwagon. Staying with amd right now is called fanboyism. Its very likely that Deneb wont beat Yorkfield and then we are completely justified in using s775. But I am sure people will by Deneb. If you wanted to be in the great AMD debate your a little late. We already won that. If they want to win they need to do more than release a die shrink.

i'll reply cause i'm bored...

its not a bandwagon. Staying with amd right now is called fanboyism.
and...changing to something because everyone has it....hmm, bandwagon or e-*****..either one describes it.
Its very likely that Deneb wont beat kenstfield and then we are completely justified in using s775.

and here i thought only crude oil prices could be speculated.

But I am sure people will by Deneb. If you wanted to be in the great AMD debate your a little late. We already won that. If they want to win they need to do more than release a die shrink.

i was never debating.
i answered the guys question (something which you must of clearly overlooked?)
i then gave the alternative choice of changing companies altogether (since it seems like what the majority of people are doing...hench...bandwagon).

Thanks cntdwn, thats what I wanted to hear. If the 790gx really does support deneb, then frick yeah, im goin amd. Seriously, intel people are retarded sometimes.. Sure its faster/better OCs and everything but seriously, intel is wut all the neighborhood moms have on their cute little labtops and stuff

Lol jk, but I have had both amd and intel rigs and AMD, in my own experience, is wayy more reliable. Intel is sweet and all but i hate doing what everyone else is doing even if i will get less performance. Plus amd's are cheap. I'm prbly gonna go with the 9850 be which is just under the e7200 dual so i really dont care. As long as the compy does what i need it to, why be competitive with others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom