asus 512mb 9800GTX+ in sli or GTX 280

Status
Not open for further replies.

avcon69

Beta member
hey need some help deciding whether to get 2 9800GTX+ and run them in sli or 1 GTX 280

i'm building a computer sometime next month and i'm wondering which card i should install

these are the current components i'm thinking of getting

Core i7 920 $469

ASUS P6T $395

WD 640G $99

4G Kit(2x2G) DDR3 1333 G.Skill NQ $215

Graphic ????

Samsung 2433BW $379

LG Retail SATA Blu-Ray Combo Player $129

Thermaltake ToughPower 850W $237

Coolermaster V8 (CPU cooler) $79

Window vista home premium 64bit $183

(i've already got the coolermaster cosmos 1000 as my tower)

if u guys could give me any suggestions that would be great...:happy:

Going to MSY ey? As soon as i saw your parts list i knew that MSY had the i7 for $469 and every part on there.

In that case, get one 280GTX, swap the cooler to the Noctua U12P (you will need an additional bracket but this costs around $3, just that MSY doesnt have it), and swap the RAM for 6GB because you need either 3 or 6gb for a Corei7 pc.

The rest is fine. Once you do that you will pretty much have the PC im getting.

Umm are these price in US $? If so then why don't you use NewEgg or even TigerDirect?
That list would cost almost $300 less on NewEgg

Anywayz, the Asus P6T is the board I'm getting so nice choice :p lol

Umm It's just me but I'd recommend the GTX 260 (216 core) GFx card vs. the GTx 280 being as it's give plenty close to the same performance for marginally cheaper ( don't be fooled the GTX 260 is still a monster card)

you'll need Triple Channel DDR3 ram for any i7 set up I'd say this set from OCZ

Newegg.com - OCZ 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

and also as your getting a Samsung monitor could I suggest that you consider nVidia's 3d Vision kit (comes with a 22" Samsung monitor and everything needed) if you really want something different and cool to play with, it let you play near every common PC title in 3d as long as you have a higher end 8xxx, 9xxx, or GTX2xx card, would only cost $200 more and you can make that up with using NewEgg savings,

I don't know what MSY is so maybe you can't use NewEgg, if that's true I'm sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom