Assistance with Purchasing a Budget Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyTreeSunday

Beta member
Hey, this is my first time on these forums, so if this is in the wrong section or something, please move it. :sweat:

Anyhow, I've been looking into buying a new computer; preferably one that can handle games such as WoW, Minecraft, and some more graphically demanding games that I never had a chance to play, on Ultra (or max) settings. Now, obviously, based on the games, I won't need anything like an i7 Quad-Core processor or 16GB of RAM, but just something that will run smoothly on max settings.

This is currently what I am looking at, but I have my doubts.
Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 918i Intel Core i3 550(3.20GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity ATI Radeon HD 5450 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

First off, I don't recognize the brand name, which is a red flag. And second, isn't i3 bottom-of-the-line?

Thanks for any help, and I could probably afford up to $650 or $700, so if any upgrades would be needed (or the entire computer is horrible and a different one is necessary), then I could possibly go up by a bit. Thanks again.

iBUYPOWER and CyperPowerPC are both highly respected companies, basicaly what ever you find in your price range from either of those compaines is as good as it gets.

but, you will be able to make your dollars go further if you build a computer your self.

i have found one that i think would do you just fine - Newegg.com - ZT Affinity 7538Ma Phenom II X4 955(3.2GHz) 4GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit however i would agree with Sean W as with your budget you could build a better computer. also a quick note if you do intend to buy the computer i suggest you might want to upgrade the graphics card however that would not be necessary for Mincraft or other games like left for dead and Portal etc ...

Hope this has helped
gunzidiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom