Asking For Media Recovery Disc?

It's because it is reading everything off one partition and copying to the other. On 5400RPM drives (Which usually come with these type of laptops) that can be painfully slow.

It's because it is reading everything off one partition and copying to the other. On 5400RPM drives (Which usually come with these type of laptops) that can be painfully slow.

That's most likely the reason, but that doesn't explain the reason why HP and Acer can recover their computers in only about 30 minutes lol.

Last edited:
It just depends on the speed of the drive and the amount of data. Grab a 5400rpm drive (if you have one) and put 5-8GB of data on one partition and copy it to the other. If they are just copying Windows over and drives it'll probably be more like 3GB or so.

Well , Performing the System Recovery does not require the Recovery CD , but this issue is kinda hard to tell because i was able to load the process but that error message comes up everytime i do that , but what is confusing me is that i can load the process but when i go trough it ask for the disc wich is not suppose to , i was doing this process for a long time and its only that 1st that i encounter this problem. well thanks for the info guys..

yeah... tried to recover a 1 or 2 year old hp laptop recently (the MOST messed up laptop someone has brought to me...) and the recovery partition wanted a disc. said eff it, nuked the thing with my own win 7 64 disk and used the key on the bottom of the laptop. easy.

Back
Top Bottom