Asking For Media Recovery Disc?

SCxnoxiousTechie

In Runtime
I have a Toshiba Laptop , This laptop has a built it Hidden Partition where we can Recovery the computer if the OS got corrupted or resetting the computer from the manufacturer settings . This was the process , it is the default key where i can load the Boot Settings . Pressing and hold the number " 0 " , it will comes up to Boot Settings w/ options , chosing the EMS Enable will load the Hidden Partition Recovery , But when the loading comes up it ask for the " Recovery Media Disc " I was thinking that the Computer Load the 1st boot as a the " CD drive " thats why its asking for the Disc , so i go to Bios and Set the options the "HDD to 1st boot " but still it gives me the same error, i am pretty sure that the Hidden Partition of the computer was still ok because when i go to Boot Menu by pressing the F12 it said's at the buttom part " HDD Recovery " but the problem is its giving me that kind of error . i even try resetting the Bios to Default but it does not fixed the problem .. any suggestion ? well i can probably get the Disc but is there any way to fixed this ?? or this might be a HW failure i guess.

Try holding "0" (not on the numpad if you have one) BEFORE you turn on the laptop. Then while it's held, turn the laptop on. That should bring it into the proper boot sequence for the factory recovery.

If that still gets you an error, then the partition is corrupt. I'll let you download a generic oem win7 version from my mediafire account if you want. You can still activate the OS using your key on the bottom of the laptop. You just have to download the correct drivers from toshiba's website after that.

Win7 OEM 64-bit: Windows7 Home Premium 64bit OEM.iso
password: qpcnk89

I have a Toshiba Laptop , This laptop has a built it Hidden Partition where we can Recovery the computer if the OS got corrupted or resetting the computer from the manufacturer settings . This was the process , it is the default key where i can load the Boot Settings . Pressing and hold the number " 0 " , it will comes up to Boot Settings w/ options , chosing the EMS Enable will load the Hidden Partition Recovery , But when the loading comes up it ask for the " Recovery Media Disc " I was thinking that the Computer Load the 1st boot as a the " CD drive " thats why its asking for the Disc , so i go to Bios and Set the options the "HDD to 1st boot " but still it gives me the same error, i am pretty sure that the Hidden Partition of the computer was still ok because when i go to Boot Menu by pressing the F12 it said's at the buttom part " HDD Recovery " but the problem is its giving me that kind of error . i even try resetting the Bios to Default but it does not fixed the problem .. any suggestion ? well i can probably get the Disc but is there any way to fixed this ?? or this might be a HW failure i guess.
It's asking you for the disc which holds additional information the computer needs. That is usually a DVD that comes with your laptop. You need both to perform the recovery usually. I've never been able to restore an OEM laptop on just the recovery partition. Just use that guys copy of Windows ISO and burn it to DVD or use the Microsoft Windows to USB tool to put it on a flash drive and point it to that. If that doesn't work you can always just do a fresh format by wiping the HDD and using that copy of Windows while using the key on the bottom of your laptop.

The other option is you can always call up or send Toshiba an email asking for a replacement copy. It might cost you 5 bucks or something like that.

Edit: Unless you can find it around your place. It might look something like this.

programma-toshiba-recovery-disk-1.jpg

It's asking you for the disc which holds additional information the computer needs. That is usually a DVD that comes with your laptop. You need both to perform the recovery usually. I've never been able to restore an OEM laptop on just the recovery partition.

That's a first that I've ever seen you need discs to use the recovery partition. I've used recovery partitions on multiple brands, and always been able to restore right from the partition without needing anything extra.

Any one I ever tried asks for the disc just like this guys situation. I just delete it all, make a second partition and drop an ISO on there with all the default drivers so when they need to they can put Windows on a flash drive, reinstall, and have all the drivers right there. I've actually been tipped for that.

Any one I ever tried asks for the disc just like this guys situation. I just delete it all, make a second partition and drop an ISO on there with all the default drivers so when they need to they can put Windows on a flash drive, reinstall, and have all the drivers right there. I've actually been tipped for that.

You must get the weird ones then :p.

Never gotten it on desktops or laptops. Maybe they've started doing it more recently I guess. I haven't had to mess with them lately really.

The newest laptop I had to deal with was a laptop made in 2010 from Walmart if that says anything. Naturally, these people didn't have their discs.

You must get the weird ones then :p.

Never gotten it on desktops or laptops. Maybe they've started doing it more recently I guess. I haven't had to mess with them lately really.

Last time, I had to factory recover a toshiba was last july, and all of the current ones then had the entire factory recovery process built into the hdd. I hated recovering toshiba's because they took so f***ing long to do (i had one go past two and a half hours), but they still don't take as long as Sony Vaio's though (can be as much 4 to 5 hours to complete).

The erasing and formatting part is fast as usual, but the re-installation of all of the toshiba factory "garbage" takes FOREVER...!

Back
Top Bottom