Artifacts. Still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
Finally got my 80 plus certified OCZ MOD Xstream-Pro 600W PSU.

As I suspected it did absolutely nothing for my 4870. Booting with artifacts.

Right now I guess I'm just going to go look for a mini screwdriver and see what the status is with the thermal compound, if there is any left, etc. If that is fine then i'm throwing the card in the garbage, unless there is anything else I can do.

But I finally was able to follow through with getting the power supply so I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could advise as to what to do now.

If you need me to refresh your memory:

*Bought xfx 4870 in late 09, worked but crashed 5 minutes into graphics intensive games (crysis, gta4,even garrys mod)

*Rma'd

*Received another card (either factory refurbished, used or new) from XFX.

*New card had same issues.

*Used card anyway for about a year.

*Card slowly started having more issues.

*Started showing artifacts and shortly thereafter became unusable.

*Asked for help on this forum.

*Everybody's answer was to get a new PSU.

*After a year I finally got a new PSU.

*Card boots with artifacts (can barely see anything).

Any advice?

Well if your power supply isn't the issue then it's more than likely your card. I guess it could possibly be the slot on the motherboard but that would be a long shot, a million to one, I've never seen it.

XFX cards come with a Lifetime Warranty, if you don't take it apart. I would RMA it again. And if your lucky they will no longer have them in stock and they will have to replace it with a newer card of equal value.

I removed the heatsink and applied thermal paste. That voided my warranty didn't it? Maybe I can send it in without them noticing I did that? =/

I removed the heatsink and applied thermal paste. That voided my warranty didn't it? Maybe I can send it in without them noticing I did that? =/

That depends they may notice, they may not. They probably will notice if the thermal paste is a different color than the stock TIM. It's up to you if you want to lie to a company, I would say just tell them what you did and explain your situation in a letter with the graphics card and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom