Around this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i just wanted to step up from my 6200 tc so i can play some older games and render a bit faster...... Apparently going from a 6200 to a 7600 is a big jump.

tell us what your maximum budget is for this graphics card and well give you the best options and compare that to your selected upgrade choices. Then you can decide from there.

:)

I already know that the new 8800GT is a cheap, awesome card which is better than a 8800GTS but not for long and the new GTS will probably be better than a GTX which will screw things up more for us.....

I already know about video cards, i just wanted to upgrade a 6200tc to something abit better. Under $100 AUS. I simply wanted to know the difference between a 8600GT and a 7600GT....

Thanx to those that help aswell.

OcUK GeForce 7600 GT 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail
500MHz Core, 256MB 1400MHz GDDR3 Memory, 12 Pixel Pipelines, SLi Ready, 1yr Warranty. £58.74

Gigabyte GeForce 8600 GT Silent Zalman 256MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GV-NX86T256H-ZL)
570MHz Core, 256MB 1400MHz GDDR3 Memory, 32 Stream Processors, SLi Ready, Fanless Cooling Solution, Supplied with Never Winter Nights 2 PC Game, 2yr Warranty with OcUK/Gigabyte. £86.94

from what i can make of it.. i would say the 8600GT is the better option. Compare to see the technical differences and other then that its dx10. Theres not much else you can tell.

i have an superdupa overclocked 7800GS 512mb .. and its NOT GOOD ENOUGH..for anything coming out now. So why you want to get a lesser card then this is silly. Unless you only want to play old games.

Thats weird... I have a 6800xt that runs all the newest games still just fine (except crysis). I think people underestimate cards that aren't the newest and greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom