ARGH!! I got the WRONG part!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a similar note, I've had bad experiences trying to remove the flat IDE cables from devices. Basically because they are usually very tight fitting and have no where to grip them from when trying to pull them out. Maybe they are different now, but on my older system I've accidently ripped the cable from the connector trying to remove it from the device, anyone else have this problem?
Don't pull straight out, you kind of have to wiggle out the ends of the connector first. They also make ribbon cables with plastic tabs on them if it's that big of an issue for you.

IDE pins? How'd u fix it?

this was on an old mobo instea of sliding it out little by little on ech side or pulling it off straight up, I pulled it downwards all the way then i pulled it out when tried to put it back in i was like WTF? Why isn't it going in, upon further inspection i noticed all the bottom 14 pins were bent downwards, i fixed it temporarily by using needle-nose pliers and making 'em straight as possible then i just shoved the cable back in. now it is my gf's comp haha.

Got it from Newegg. It tells you what type they are, just order SATA. When I ordered it, I didn't look for some frikkin reason.

oh so you ordered the wrong part? I thought by your post they sent you the wrong part, yeah I made the mistake of choosing the hyperlink of the IDE version, but someone corrected me with the SATA link ( thanks to whoever that is )

Yea, you're never gonna notice the difference between burning something on a IDE drive, compared to the same SATA drive. As with HDD's, which chuck way more info down the line. Personally i'm sticking with IDE cos I prefer these cables.... i've had SATA ones in pc's before which have actually fallen out cos theyre such a shite design as far as the connector goes.I have loads of blue rounded IDE cables too, though IDE is being phased out on mobo's I can tell :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom