aren't you sick of those people who ask for comfirmation of their potential pc buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 580 Watt Hiper Power supplies are Cheaper and still Modular. So take a look at those before buying.

Being quiet should never a priority with high end gamming systems. The more power going through components means more heat being thrown off which in turn means you need good air flow to make sure they all run at par. There are some fans that are high CFM and low dB. That being said, what about cooling setup? Everyone always overlooks this. HOw many case fans are comming with this case and what CFM? Make sure all slots are filled.

lancec2c30 said:
I dont know, you guys should read the post about pc power consumption. I think 500w would be plenty AS LONG AS it meets the 12v amperage requirements for your video card.

500w would be plents if it was RMS power and not max power. That 500w power supply can probably only run a costant flow of about 350w, this is just an estamite of course. They don't normally tell what a power supply can run constant.

Ste said:
The 580 Watt Hiper Power supplies are Cheaper and still Modular. So take a look at those before buying.

Being quiet should never a priority with high end gamming systems. The more power going through components means more heat being thrown off which in turn means you need good air flow to make sure they all run at par. There are some fans that are high CFM and low dB. That being said, what about cooling setup? Everyone always overlooks this. HOw many case fans are comming with this case and what CFM? Make sure all slots are filled.

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/antec_super_lanboy_case/index.shtml

says there's one in the front (120mm) and one in the rear (120mm)

is that good enough?

Jumping_Bean514 said:
500w would be plents if it was RMS power and not max power. That 500w power supply can probably only run a costant flow of about 350w, this is just an estamite of course. They don't normally tell what a power supply can run constant.

Read.

Why would you even look at the Watts of the PSU?

The two +12v rails on the Enermax are capable of providing 528W to the main components of the system. But since the combined output of the rails is not the same as the sum of the two individual rails, the power supplied to the components is more in the neighborhood of like 450W-500W.

500w would be enough i reckon, its all hype people thinking they dont have enough watts!!!

jonny_uk said:
500w would be enough i reckon, its all hype people thinking they dont have enough watts!!!

i will have to agree with you, the 8800 series takes just as much.. actually a little more than an x1950xtx, and that can run crossfire with only 650 watts, so you people shouldnt have to worry about dual 8800's and supposedly needing 1000 watts... its the misconception of it needing 2 pci-e connectors that gets people... but thats only to prevent over voltage and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom