Arctic cooler 64 pro question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TermyBGL

Baseband Member
Arctic freezer 64 pro question

Hi,

I have got a new arctic cooler 64 pro cpu cooler and reading the manual, they suggest fitting it so the hot air is blown to the back of the case for airflow (saying over the ATX connecter) but I have a DFI SLI DR Expert Mobo which is a bit different it seems.. to have the fan blowing hot air to the back is over my RAM/ GPU. Should I still stick with this or reverse it so it doesnt heat up my ram, but not perfect airflow ?

I have a thermaltake Armor case (1 intake at front, 2 exhaust at back and 1 at top)

Personally I would get a new HSF. It seems like a really bad idea to have that air blowing on the RAM.. I don't think turning the HSF around would work as it only mounts in one direction. I could be wrong about that.

I have never seen a board with the RAM on that side of the CPU. Weird.

O it does fit other way, had it on that way origanly but decided to follw manual.

expert1.jpg

The way they want it fitted it so the hot air is blown to back to case (top of picture above RAM) so thats what is getting hot ait blown on. Obviously wasnt made with DFI in mind.

So what to do ...

A)Keep as it is (hotair on RAM but maintaining airflow)

B)Switch is around, hot air away from MOBO but against airflow

C) Buy another

Thanks

It will fit on either way. I just installed one of these monsters and the fan is situated toward the IDE and 24 pin power Mobo connectors. My 3500+ runs at 29 degrees at idle and 35 degress under full load!!! the heat is rapidly dissipated by 4 case fans. Make sure you have adequate case fan cooling as well!

mine runs with the airflow of the tower.. but i have seen people point/recommend them upwards to blow cooler air to the top of the case.. you can adjust the mount on the base to fit eather way.. upwards or to the rear. the air temp is pretty low/cool which ever way it go's h.t.h

dsc006931va.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom