Anyone running SAS harddrives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't bother. i have a couple that i used. they're really really really loud. like a whirring that gets really old really fast. but they are quite a bit faster in my experience with them over a 7200rpm drive with 16mb cache.

don't bother. i have a couple that i used. they're really really really loud. like a whirring that gets really old really fast. but they are quite a bit faster in my experience with them over a 7200rpm drive with 16mb cache.

what kind were you using? I have a SAS drive on my workstation at work and I dont really notice it sound wise.

Hey man i just spent the last 30 minutes searching vigorously for the decibel output of these SAS cards and ive come up with absolutely nothing! ive gone as far as getting that promise tx4650 manual and it has not one mention of decibel output. lame *** ****

I'm thinking of getting a Seagate 15k.6 drive
my K9A2 Platinum supports SAS without having to add an extra controller

I was looking at that mobo too. Too bad its AMD, I'd like to build it around an Intel chip.

Look at the seagate savvios - supposedly "the fastest" 15k drives out there.

Or get a Fujitsu for cheap open box on the egg.

I am curious about the noise too. BUt like I said, I use them at work and I cant hear them over the fan. I'll pull off my case and see what brand they are.

I was looking at that mobo too. Too bad its AMD, I'd like to build it around an Intel chip.
I'm gonna stick with AMD.
Look at the seagate savvios - supposedly "the fastest" 15k drives out there.
I'm not sure, but I think the 15k.6 drives (which are very new) have just taken the lead
Or get a Fujitsu for cheap open box on the egg.
yeah, I live in Australia though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom