Anyone got a tuniq tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those instructions pretty much sums it up.

I dunno its not very specific really, like it doesn't tell how to apply the thermal paste. I heard the copper base is actually concave which means if you press it down it won't press the thermal paste to a fine layer

Yeah i had to go thru that the instructions SUCK, thermal paste is easy, put a little dot and install the tuniq. Once the tuniq is installed twist it a little bit in both directions.

Here is a pretty good video on applying the thermal paste:

YouTube - Re-Applying Thermal Compound E4300

hmmm using the plastic bag to self smear isnt really recommended in any instructions. Theres just too much chance it will leave air bubbles. Also he smeared the paste on the HFS when its supposed to be on the processor top instead. Later when he puts the tape on th processor to help get a horizontal line i think thats really bad cause cant tape leave some of that sticky residue?

i like to spead it with a cerdit card first all over the chip in prob pea sized amount like said. then place tuniq ontop carefully in centre so wont have to move it much to line up all the screws

I think the video is crap. If your worried about the concave surfaces, they really are, read up on "lapping". Tape can leave a residue and that wouldn't be nice and spreading it with anything other than direct force can lead to bubbles and poor distribution. The biggest thing about thermal paste is the amount you use, never less than a grain of rice, never more than pea. Also, you do not need to apply it to both heat sink and processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom