Anyone Else Think That Intel is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree conroe will be powerful. however i guarantee the samples we have seen have been hand picked. why else would they be set at significantly lower clock speeds than they are "capable" of. my guess is in general only the released samples are really capable of this. i'm curious, these are all Intel ES's (Engineering Sample) with unlocked multipliers right? that would go some way towards explaining things. also the low price has been overhyped, i have not looked much into it but i guess what people keep talking about is what the wholesale price will be so don't expect it to be as cheap as the hype suggests. conroe will be a great processor and there is no changing that, HOWEVER remember Intel knows how to market so don't swallow everything on face value. just remain objective on what you read as you should with any news source e.g. television and newspaper. finally remember that AM2 is a socket transition and a redevoloped memory controller (buggy at that) and is not even intended to be a direct competitor for conroe.

SuperPI isn't everything ... Intel's have always rocked at number crunching. How come we haven't seen any game benchmarks? And who is to say AM2 won't be able to OC? Maybe not to Conroe speeds, nevertheless it's possible.

Anyway, I'm waiting until Conroe because then we will be able to do our own benchmarks and compare, and then we will see how cheap AMD's AM2 stuff is, they will surely lower it for Conroe.

nitestick said:
i agree conroe will be powerful. however i guarantee the samples we have seen have been hand picked.
This is probably true, but that won't mean you can't get lucky and get a golden one. Also, it dosn't really matter, because they all will overclock, and as we have seen, a 2.4ghz conroe on stock cooling, voltage and speed beats an fx-60 overclocked to 2.8ghz by a large margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom