anyone else having this problem...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno. i cant turn it on without some sort of signal from the confuser itself.
it has something to so with the drivers/resolution. when i went ot install the drivers, all of the sudden the screen went blank, in the middle of it. then it came back on (about an hour later) and i went o change the resolution and it disappeared again. i'll figure it out hopefully.

dumb question but have you tried whippin out the old paper instructions to both the LCD and the new GT?

also try hookin the crt back up and changing settings of the card to its "normal" state and uninstall any drivers for the crt- its possible they are being used for the LCD and arent working (and your comp should redetect crt without problems if this doesnt work)

also install any drivers you have with your LCD that you may need (find them cd's!)

hmm, well i did a repair install of windows and it seems to have corrected the problem.
i'm tellin ya...it was screwy man what was going on last night. i think i had some serious corruption somewhere from an incomplete driver install.
in any event, my LCD is now detected along with the 8800 and the correct driver is listed. lets start overclocking...

Ya i had no issues with mine. Plugged everything in and it detected both monitors fine. I did have to go in and tell it to extend my desktop to the 2nd monitor though. 24" is connected by DVI and the 20" is connected by VGA because the dvi port on the monitor took a dump. YA im waiting to hear what other people are getting their card to OC to.

Nagasama, I was really hoping that you wouldn't get that 880gt working with the LCD. I was about to offer you some cash and my 8800GTS. :D Glad you got that thing going.

^^lol^^ i'll sell it to you for 300 dollars.
really dude i have no idea what the frig was going on.
and check this out...
as i am overclocking and i get to the screen freeze. i reboot, but...unless i actually TURN MY MONITOR OFF AND THEN BACK ON before i reboo the machine...nothing. it doesnt detect.
normal reboot works fine, its only if the card hangs.
quirky, eh?

Sometimes when I reboot my 19in. monitor just goes into some crazy fading color artifacting thing. I have to actually unplug the power cable to get it to turn off and work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom