anybody have this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey when i am playing COD4 sometimes i get this weird lock up occasionally.
i get either red or blue like..tile?..thats the only way to describe it and the frame freezes.
the sound will come on, then go off, then come on then go off, but the picture never starts back up, i have to re-boot.
i have switched down to the 169.02 drivers to see if that was the problem, and it still happens.
i haven't re-set my cpu overclock, but i have tried setting it down some.
the card is running stock 600/900.
anybody have any idea what the deal is? do i need to RMA this card?

Any idea what kind of temps you are seeing prior to lockup? How does it act after reboot, is it prone to lock up quickly in succession after the first lockup?

sometimes the frame rate drops to like 24 or soemthing and then comes back up wiht my 8800GT

Any idea what kind of temps you are seeing prior to lockup? How does it act after reboot, is it prone to lock up quickly in succession after the first lockup?

no i really dont know.
i touch it, and it is pretty friggin hot up at the front of the heatsink, close by the SLI bridge.
i was thinking temps as well, hrrrm.
i will monitor the temp and see what it stays at during gameplay.
after re-boot it is usually fine for another indefinite period of time.

may have found the problem.
i think i reset rivatuner by mistake to auto control and it maxes out fan at only like 60% or something.
im going to try setting it to 100% manually and play COD4 all day tommorow and see what happens.
this could definitely be the problem.
but, what im reading on the evga support website is not making me feel a whole lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom