Any Word of Advice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopBanana

Beta member
I am new to this forum as a user, I have been coming here for some time to see if users on this forum had the same problem as me (and how they fixed it) or to see people new machines.

I build some time ago a gaming computer is has
-Super Micro X7DCA-L Mother board
-(2) Intel Xeon Quad Cores 2.00 Ghz (8 cores total)
-(4) 1Gb Kingston DDR2 667 RAM
-EVEA GeForce 9800 GTX+
-Stock 800W Power Supply :sad:
-Windows 7 64-Bit

This is the version 1.0 of this computer. I build a second one, almost identical for a friend of mine that is doing some hard core animation but I have not heard from him in 6 months, so I guess it is running like a champ.

The problem I am having is that whenever I need to install a program, convert a video, or any task of major operation. The computer will only use 1 sometimes 2 cores. I am studying Electrical and Computer Engineering, finishing in a year, so I understand that the computer can do something like pipelining 2 (or more) core to ease the load. But the CPU need to add extra lines of program to not lose any info and all that nice stuff. I am trying to find a way to optimize the core usage. I have upgraded from XP to 7 (vista did not have fun with a second processor) and I am looking for another upgrade to try and solve this problem.

Any words of advice???? Thanks in advance!!!

This is a screen shot of some penchmarking programs
Untitled.png

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k450/Kalty16/Untitled.png

Alot has to do with the actual programs. Not alot of them are designed for multiple core applications.

most are only dual core apps. What you can do, is set priorities of the apps to specific cores, but thats only important if youre running many cpu intense apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom