any suggestions on upgrading my current system

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
well, my current system is in my sig, and i was thinking of building a quad core build around september/october. but these days i have been thinking of just gettin and amd momo and the x2 3600 and overclock the **** out of it. my question is, will i notice a lot of difference in performance and is the difference worth the money or should i just wait and build a new system later, probably in october. i am not a big gamer, just play css once in a while and but watch a lot of movies and do a lot of internet surfing, and multitasking i guess. i dont think i need to upgrade right now, but i am just bored with my system,and want to upgrade.

what would u guys suggest doing, what would u guys do if u were me. any comments would be appreciated
thanks a lot

well, my current system is in my sig, and i was thinking of building a quad core build around september/october. but these days i have been thinking of just gettin and amd momo and the x2 3600 and overclock the **** out of it. my question is, will i notice a lot of difference in performance and is the difference worth the money or should i just wait and build a new system later, probably in october. i am not a big gamer, just play css once in a while and but watch a lot of movies and do a lot of internet surfing, and multitasking i guess. i dont think i need to upgrade right now, but i am just bored with my system,and want to upgrade.

what would u guys suggest doing, what would u guys do if u were me. any comments would be appreciated
thanks a lot

yes expect a giant benchmark score jump...... overclocking and buying is a smart idea!!!!!!!

so u think i should just get the 3600 and overclock it, or wait a bit and go with quad,

better choice would be to get one now.... since u play only counter strike u don't need the quad-core.......... so get one now is my advice... but if u wanna play stuff like crysis and stuff that is coming out..... then u would need a quad-core.............

well, thats the thing, i wanna be able to play crysis too, like on low-medium settings. so do u think i'll be able to play it with a 3600 x2, if i have a better gpu like 8800gts?? and do u know if the c2d will go down in prices this july?? and one more thing, what would a 3600 overclocked to around 3ghz or more, compare to with which intel processor.
how much can i overclock the 3600 on stock cooling?

thanks for the replys dude

well, thats the thing, i wanna be able to play crysis too, like on low-medium settings. so do u think i'll be able to play it with a 3600 x2, if i have a better gpu like 8800gts?? and do u know if the c2d will go down in prices this july?? and one more thing, what would a 3600 overclocked to around 3ghz or more, compare to with which intel processor.

get an AF64 (Arctic Freezer Pro64) i expect it to play mid-low settings... possibly.........

and one more thing, what would a 3600 overclocked to around 3ghz or more, compare to with which intel processor.

yes, depending on what you are doing. superpi...ummm, no. other things....um, yes. lol seriously...at 3ghz my 3600 will smoke thru whatever i toss into its path, no problem.
as far as playing crysis at medium settings....no, i am not sure, lots of speculation on tech forums. my speculation is this:
a software designer would have to be utterly retarded/a total business moron to design a game that would require 95% of all the gamers in the world to completely upgrade/rebuild their system to get DECENT, PLAYABLE framerates and performance. hence, i dont think that you will need a quad core and 4gb ddr3 and sli 8800gtx's to play crysis. you may need to upgrade your card to get decent framerates at higher settings/resolution. i would think that most, if not ALL current dual cores with at least 2gb of ram with a decent (ie 7900+ - 8 series) card will be able to play at LEAST medium settings. maybe no aa and whatnot.
oh, yeah...stock cooling...i dunno. my voltage is at 1.40 or 1.425 @ 3ghz, so there aint a whole lotta extra heat. i would suggest buying aftermarket if possible. if not, control the voltage and temps until you can.

yes, depending on what you are doing. superpi...ummm, no. other things....um, yes. lol seriously...at 3ghz my 3600 will smoke thru whatever i toss into its path, no problem.
as far as playing crysis at medium settings....no, i am not sure, lots of speculation on tech forums. my speculation is this:
a software designer would have to be utterly retarded/a total business moron to design a game that would require 95% of all the gamers in the world to completely upgrade/rebuild their system to get DECENT, PLAYABLE framerates and performance. hence, i dont think that you will need a quad core and 4gb ddr3 and sli 8800gtx's to play crysis. you may need to upgrade your card to get decent framerates at higher settings/resolution. i would think that most dual cores with at least 2gb of ram with a decent ie 7900+ - 8 series cards will be able to play at LEAST medium settings.
oh, yeah...stock cooling...i dunno. my voltage is at 1.40 or 1.425 @ 3ghz, so there aint a whole lotta extra heat. i would suggest buying aftermarket if possible. if not, control the voltage and temps until you can.

lol, with what i have planned i hope it can play games well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom