Any step by step tutorials out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester070993

In Runtime
I'm going to build a gaming computer around december and I just wanted to get a head start on how to build a computer. Can anyone give me some good step by step tutorials on how to build a computer. I know it's farly easy, but I just want the step by step just to make sure know what I'm doing, because I have never built a computer before.

I'm going to build a gaming computer around december and I just wanted to get a head start on how to build a computer. Can anyone give me some good step by step tutorials on how to build a computer. I know it's farly easy, but I just want the step by step just to make sure know what I'm doing, because I have never built a computer before.

First of all you need to gather some part ideas to be using on this PC. You need the following:

1 CPU
1 Case
1 Motherboard
1 Monitor, keyboard and mouse (if you have these disregard)
1 CPU cooler or aftermarket Heatsink
1 GPU (graphics processing unit)
1 Hard drive minimum
1 Powersupply
1 Optical drive
1 RAM set

here is an example of a good build

CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Case: Newegg.com - Antec P182 Gun Metal Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Motherboard: Newegg.com - ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

CPU Cooler: Newegg.com - Scythe SCNJ-CU1000 120mm Ninja Copper CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

GPU: Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Hard drive: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX 620W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Optics: Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DH-16D3S-04 - CD / DVD Drives

RAM: Newegg.com - GeIL Black Dragon 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

I haven't calculated a total but if you have a budget leme know and I'll modify the build. any questions on assembly?

Actually DawnOfDoom, I have my parts picked out.
Newegg.com Shopping Cart

Newegg wont let me put anything on my wish list for some reason, so its in the cart.

Let me know if everything is good, and your recommendations. My budget is $800-ish, but I would prefer not to go to $800. Somewhere between $740-$770.

And could you just tell me a brief explanation on how to assemble?

Thanks for the links vernong1992

Do you have an account on Newegg? Because you can add stuff to your "cart" without having an account, but you need an account to add to a wishlist.

But yea, there are some very good tutorials and E-Books out there on building a PC.

Heres a nice one as well. Nice pictures.

How to build a PC - The Tech Report - Page 1

There are also a lot of How-To's on Youtube, if you'd rather see someone actually perform a certain thing (Thermal pasting, ETC.)

Yeah I have an account and I logged in, but it still wont let me. When ever I go to add something, the only thing in there is a Q6600 and then it wont even let me delete it.
Thanks for the link. How are my components I picked out?
Also, I thought the CPU come with a CPU fan and thermal paste? Do I need to buy thermal paste then put it on myself, or is it already on there for me?

Yeah I have an account and I logged in, but it still wont let me. When ever I go to add something, the only thing in there is a Q6600 and then it wont even let me delete it.
Thanks for the link. How are my components I picked out?
Also, I thought the CPU come with a CPU fan and thermal paste? Do I need to buy thermal paste then put it on myself, or is it already on there for me?

Theres an issue with that. we cant see whats in your cart. Post links to the products that you are looking at and we'll make annotations as needed. And Youtube is great for see piece by piece assembly of a computer. Although some i fear are not detailed enough.

Ok I'm going to get the G-skill ram and the EVGA 9800 GTX. Can you give me the link to the ram?
Also, if my motherboard supports 1066 RAM, can it still support 800?

How is everything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom