Any Reccomendations for a SSD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
Hiya,

In my current rig I have a 7200.11 500gb drive that I want to put in my newly-built server. I was thinking of going solidstate in the rig that I'm taking the 500gb hard drive out. I've barely touched into the hdd @ around ~40gb but about ~20gb is files that will be moved to my server. So, I'm looking to get a SSD that is small (I don't think I'll need more than 60gb) Any reccomendations? I also plan to use an old 80gb hdd as the storage/pagefile along with the ssd so, I'm really leaning towards a 32gb drive.

Just for knowledge:

Specs:
an9 32x sli
8800gt
5000+ BE @ 2.8ghz
500gb hdd
2gb tracers

The rig is deff. dated, but I don't really game much anymore and it works great for web development.

what makes OCZ solid in the solid state department is they have the best support forums (so I've heard).

Check out the gskill falcons as well, slightly faster then the vertex series, they are not really the best by any means, many manufacturers have had great ssd's they just made a good choice with the vertex which is around with the fastest ssd's atm.

Man, those things are so expensive. They must be BA. I'm going to have to give it a google and see how much better they are. I can't tell by comparing specs between drives cause HDD's are in rpms and cache, and those are in mbps.

Edit:

I guess they're almost twice as fast. I'm sure they'll be very affordable when I rebuild in like 4 years or so.

Check out the gskill falcons as well, slightly faster then the vertex series, they are not really the best by any means, many manufacturers have had great ssd's they just made a good choice with the vertex which is around with the fastest ssd's atm.

+1 to G.Skill Falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom