any one buy from ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korky122

In Runtime
well. im finding these real nice alienware and dell xps gen 2 laptops for incredible prices. i dont know if i can trust them. any one have any experiences.

thanks

well gives us the links and well help you out...also I orderd from ebay and My gpu was Taped in with duct tape....umm and my "watercooling" had leakes EVREYWHERE......be careful....you have be warned..

I have a bit of paranoia about buying hardware on eBay. My personal belief is if it's new and sealed, it's fair game, but used hardware is like flipping a coin with your money. Make sure before you buy anything used or open on eBay you've examined the pros and cons throughly and are positive it's the best route to go.

The only hardware I've ever purchased on eBay was the Opteron 146 which is going in my new build later this week. It is extremely rare to find at a decent price, and there was one on eBay at $200 that was said to be new and sealed. I don't think I'd ever buy used hardware on eBay unless it was an extremely good deal, as the risk outweighs the reward.

I've bought hardware on eBay before but only from people with 100% (or darn near) feedback ratings. Consider paying thru Paypal so that you get the Buyer Protection if the item is crap or not as described, then if you follow their steps (very carefully) you can get your $ back.

Avoid the experience altogether. It's going to save you a lot of painful attempts to get your money back. 80% of the time, those people are selling that hardware because it doesn't work right.

Ryan

I've only bought hardware from ebay once. It was my PD 820 that I was able to get for $105. The ad that was posted for it said contradictory information, the seller didn't really know what it was. He sent me specs for it showing it to be a P4 531 or P4 630. How surprised do you think I was when I got a dual core in the mail for $105? Just be weary.

dont buy from ebay.
sometimes you can get a nice deal, but i just bought a pc and the video card was not plugged in and smashed
also the processor and hsf were in bewtween the corner of the case and the network card. and the pins were all bent.
next the motherboard is missing some pieces.

horrible, but if you do let us check out the links and/or pay through paypal for sure.
also try to get a guy who has made alot of transactions and is 97% or up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom