Any comments, suggestions, or advice on the XFX XXX Edition 650 Watt Modular PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I would put the XFX against a Corsair, but XFX is a very reputable company and the power supply has a 5 year warranty according to Newegg. If you have any problems I'm sure XFX will take care of it.

On the other hand you already have a 720 watt Enermax power supply that is more than enough for your system. But this power supply only has a 3 year warranty, how long have you owned the Enermax?

You presently have a 9800 GTX+, are you planning on upgrading to a faster card soon? The XFX power supply should handle any new card fine but if SLI or Crossfire is a possibility then the 720 watt Enermax maybe a better choice.

Hi again Slaymate.

Thanks for replying. I have had the Enermax for about 6 months. The XFX is a couple of weeks old. I do not plan on upgrading the GPU in the near future. I may change out the 9800GTS+ for a Palit 250 GTS or the XFX 250 GTS that the XFX PSU was combo'ed with, but most people here say that is not a true upgrade and I agree with them.

I doubt if I will ever go SLI or Crossfire, but thanks for asking [rarely play games, just do not have the time for them, and when I have played them, Crysis and Delta Force Extreme 2 BETA's are about it].

Just wondering if the XFX is much better quality than the Enermax or if they are about the same [70 watts doesn't seem like a huge difference since I am not SLI'in' or Crossfirin'.

Soar

I could be wrong, but isn't the xfx 650 watt just slightly tweaked PC power & cooling 610W silencers? (great units btw)

but now xfx has two models of the 650W, I am not sure what has changed in the newer model.

P.S.
corsair TX & HX 650w - seasonic

I would stick with the Enermax myself.

Ok, thanks. I can always sell the XFX 650...it's just that it looks really nice too [I know, it's the internal guts that really count]. I suppose I will stick with the Enermax...I have two of them, both are working perfect.

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom